New guy from Ohio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KyleM1990

Reaction score
Welcome from Minnesota! I bought my truck at auction from MO and plan on keeping it as long as I can! That truck isn't too bad for a salt belt truck. I've seen a lot worse up here.
Yeah by Ohio standards that's minor rust. Most trucks here more than 10 years old have no rockers or cab corners. These are soft, real soft in some spots but still there.

KyleM1990

Reaction score
I put new door pins and bushings in the other day and it's better but not perfect. I think there are some other alignment issues but it's good enough for now. Also got the A/C working it was about a half a can low on refrigerant. In my experience it's usually inexperienced people charging the system, but I guess it could be a slow leak. I've had vehicle that need a can every year or two. Now I just have to figure out why that pesky cargo light only works when it wants too. Not that it's a huge deal,

Keeper

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LOL... my guess is that cargo light only works if the interior lights are on. Either by dialing up the dimmer, or opening a door. When I'm thanking a trucker for flashing his lights and letting me back in, I turn on the cargo light and then bump the dimmer dial up a few times to flash him some white lights without using the whole lighting system or my brakes.

KyleM1990

Reaction score
LOL... my guess is that cargo light only works if the interior lights are on. Either by dialing up the dimmer, or opening a door. When I'm thanking a trucker for flashing his lights and letting me back in, I turn on the cargo light and then bump the dimmer dial up a few times to flash him some white lights without using the whole lighting system or my brakes.

It does only work with the interior lights on. But even then it's intermittent.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fergbkf