My DD Greenie - 96 K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Well I got the bracket trimmed and cleaned up just like factory. Going to have to space up the compressor but its gonna work out just fine.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Well I ended up still trimming the back mounting bolt on the ac bracket off... I couldn't remove the valve cover without doing so. No biggie

Got my water pump in today a well, a Stewart high flow pn - 13123. Its a tbi water pump, so it reverse rotation to keep the serpentine setup as factory and has the needed outlet to hook up my heater hose to heater core.

I was unsure how to make the vortec pump work as it as 2 outlets, one to heater core and the other looks like a bypass.... anyhow 400 sbc's require a high flow coolant system because of the siamese bore so it just made sense

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
New water pump on, starter transferred, underdrive crank pulley on, valve cover breathers finally in and on, and installed several sensors... she's ready to go in. Just need to locate a new tbi water pump pulley and install my new motor mounts. I had no idea the tbi's and vortec's water pump pulleys were different.

Last edited:

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Thanks man! I was starting to wonder if anyone was even looking at my thread lol.... so ready to have her up and running

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I look at this thread every time it pops up in the " New Posts". Whether or not I comment depends on if I know what's going on lol. I know nothing about engines except what I learned today so I'd be no help.

:)

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Lol I understand bro. I really appreciate the support though :)

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
if thats a tbi waterpump ive been using the wrong one. now my 85 camaro with v belt had that same water pump and so did every other thirdgen ive owned. regardless itll work and its looking good.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
I called summit tech just to cut to the chase and this is the one he recommended. I looked it up and its for a tbi, reverse rotation, and single heater hose outlet... check it out on their site. Its been so long since I've owned a tbi Chevrolet, I couldn't remember what the pumps even looked like lol.