MY 97 LSX SWAP PICS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Silvi 1990

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man thats nice i was looking at a 5.3 out of an 03 avalanche that i was going to put dart heads and and a thumper cam. Should put out 498 hp i was also going to put in a strang s60 rear end but just not sure if i should swap trans too.

97_chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man thats nice i was looking at a 5.3 out of an 03 avalanche that i was going to put dart heads and and a thumper cam. Should put out 498 hp i was also going to put in a strang s60 rear end but just not sure if i should swap trans too.

you should go for the swap man i got a new tranny cause i got a built one man from a local shop so when i get a cam and stall it should hold so i wouldnt have problems later on......you could use a tranny from your truck but you have to change some stuff i was reading up on it but i think it was alittle to much work so its all up too you man swap takes time but its worth it

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sweet truck man, yeah, I want to do an OBS short box regular cab with a 6L. I wasnt a believer in the newer engine till I had one, 6000Lbs of trailer behind my new truck and it rocks when I have to pass someone. I like it, I say twin turbos and go Cobra/Viper hunteing :D

97_chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man, that is going to be nice. Ready to see it completed, by the way what is your drop on your truck?

i cant wait till its dont we are still waiting parts to come in i just got more fittings that i needed and some relays got my new drop shocks already going to order double springs and cam by next week its coming together.......my drop is a flip kit in that back and i have cut springs doesnt bounce at all and drives great its about a 4/7.....

Alwayssomethin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do your headlights fit as well as they look like in you SIG pic? haha my Ebay fit kinda sucks, and thinking about switching to black from smoked when I put the front end back on after I finish getting the 6.0L in my RCSB. are you using a return style intake? what kind of adapter are you using for coolant temp/oil pressure, and fuel line adapters?

97_chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do your headlights fit as well as they look like in you SIG pic? haha my Ebay fit kinda sucks, and thinking about switching to black from smoked when I put the front end back on after I finish getting the 6.0L in my RCSB. are you using a return style intake? what kind of adapter are you using for coolant temp/oil pressure, and fuel line adapters?

yeah man my head lights fit good i got them on ebay..........yeah am using a return style intake for the fuel you mean am going to take some more pics ill post them soon but yeah fine line am using steel braided lines man and fitting from summit racing........tring to give it the cleanest look