MY 97 LSX SWAP PICS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
dont mind me asking but I'm about to buy my motor for the swap and just wondered how much you actually have into this project estimates. I know its more then 3K.

97_chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Including the motor???????

yeah
dont mind me asking but I'm about to buy my motor for the swap and just wondered how much you actually have into this project estimates. I know its more then 3K.

motor-800
stock harness,computor and acc-150
stock tranny core-100
built tranny-1200
tb stall-150
motor mounts-120
cold air intake-150
custom headers-290
odd bolts-100
paint and supplys-75
custom made harness and finishing all the wiring-1200
tune-200
food and drinks and water during this project $$$ alot.....but the faces and all the time well spend in hanging out with friends tp prove people wrong that we would never do what we said we were going to do is PRICELESS.....lol

97_chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Again bro I tip my hat 2 u sir... Very nice...

thanks bro not done yet tomorrow should be picking up some double springs and dropping off my heads to get milled a bit there already ported then a/c is going to get put in by next month along with all the new mods- cam,double spring,lifters,push rods,heads and a better tune right now are local track is closed for remodeling but ill make sure to post a video on here when she all done

97_chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any updates?

right now am working on some heads that are getting ported and got some double spring here waiting to be installed and am working with a local performance shop on a custom grid cam should have a cam and numbers on the truck soon just building slowly since are local track is closed till the end of next month due to owner change ill keep youll posted and ill post videos has soon as the cam is installed

97_chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice work, I can't wait to see it all together. I want to do the same but have to buy pieces when I can.

thats how i did it man intill i got everything together the last thing that i bought was the built-tranny man take it slow and it will come together

bornchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nice swap.
iv been wanting to do this for a while but im trying to find out if it would be smog legal in california. i cant find anything that says it is or not. i only want it to pass smog cuz it would be in my DD.