MY 97 LSX SWAP PICS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97SubMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't understand how MIKE says it would be a little more than 3K to do this swap at his shop here in Mass?? You would think that doing most of it yourself and saving the money on labor would be much cheaper than paying a shop to do it all.....am I wrong?

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't understand how MIKE says it would be a little more than 3K to do this swap at his shop here in Mass?? You would think that doing most of it yourself and saving the money on labor would be much cheaper than paying a shop to do it all.....am I wrong?

well that doesn't include the engine, or parts, plus they have it down to a science. They have every tool needed, no guess work, warranty their work, tune on site (i think), and is turn key. Drop it off, drive it out. I would assume the swap at a shop would be 3k in labor + parts...

I could be wrong...

cttandy

Reaction score
Late to the party. I was looking at air breather plumbing pictures. You said the motor is from a 05 Escalade. 05 Escalade would have a 6.0L LQ9.

Did you get the a/c working?

97_chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Late to the party. I was looking at air breather plumbing pictures. You said the motor is from a 05 Escalade. 05 Escalade would have a 6.0L LQ9.

Did you get the a/c working?
It's a 5.3 I was there when they pulled it out of the truck this guy and yes I have a high mount a/c now

joshua99ta

Reaction score
great build!

ya might wanna check the stamping on those heads though. the 'lades only came with a 6.0. you might have a little more motor than you thought. or somebody popped the original 6.0 in the 'lade and got jipped with a 5.3. Either way the 5.3s are still badass motors.

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
great build!

ya might wanna check the stamping on those heads though. the 'lades only came with a 6.0. you might have a little more motor than you thought. or somebody popped the original 6.0 in the 'lade and got jipped with a 5.3. Either way the 5.3s are still badass motors.

2wd escalades still had 5.3s unroll late year 05.