MY 97 LSX SWAP PICS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alwayssomethin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im runing schoenfieds on mine too...Pretty sure im going to use the return style so I can just use the filters that came with the truck (cheaper than vette filters) and be an easier hookup. finally got my harness back, now Ive got to get motivated and go thru my front end and replace everything, then slide it in, wire, and clean all the old wiring up. Im ready to see yours and mine both complete haha.

RPMGraphics

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that's the ones i've been looking at. just wondering if there was something else out there.

97_chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yah i have been busy with work and not going to have time to work on the truck need to go out of town for workam hope i could get to it in about a week i want to use it already lol

Z Fury

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
These swaps make me so jealous. I know a lot about mods for the 5.3 having owned a 5.7 LS1 for over 6 years now. I'd give anything to have a 5.3 with some PRC Stage 2 heads (Texas-Speed.com) and a 220R sleeper cam. That setup with headers should easily push 375-400hp, which is plenty for my daily driving needs.

I need to find a shop to do this though. It is well out of my league. Your build is awesome thus far, and should surprise a lot of people given the stock appearance of your ride. Looking forward to updates.

97_chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its going to be there real soon just trying to get it out of the shop as soon as possible should be today i hope