Carb swapped ‘97 vortec - SUCCESS!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bebo_vi21

Reaction score
I have successfully carb swapped my 97 silverado. A lot of research, trial and error, work has paid off. All of it has been done by myself except some machine shop work. I went with a Edelbrock AVS2 carb and have the 4L60E shifting perfectly. Everywhere I went online I had folks telling me how ridiculously I was to do it.
The reason for this post is to say it is a very worthwhile project. If anyone has questions please ask and I will help any way I can. I can post pics if needed.
I did get some good advice on this forum and I do appreciate it.
I have everything needed to do swap jus need light shined on wiring to make my 4l60e shift. I still have crank sensor connect to factory wiring. What wired would I need to get my rpm signal? I'm using oem coil plug to get my 12v n the white for tach what other wires do I need to wire to the hei so I use my oem pump? And for my trans to shift normally?

DCoyQ1

Reaction score
I have successfully carb swapped my 97 silverado. A lot of research, trial and error, work has paid off. All of it has been done by myself except some machine shop work. I went with a Edelbrock AVS2 carb and have the 4L60E shifting perfectly. Everywhere I went online I had folks telling me how ridiculously I was to do it.
The reason for this post is to say it is a very worthwhile project. If anyone has questions please ask and I will help any way I can. I can post pics if needed.
I did get some good advice on this forum and I do appreciate it.
Did it come with a wiring diagram for the tps etc..?

I have kinda been looking around for the wiring diagrams. For changing the TB out to different years. There is different style tps sensors on them. Pretty much looking for the wiring diagrams and descriptions of each wires purpose. And testing info for each one.
As I've seen in threads these sensors being changed affect running and shifting.
TV cable is the only thing covered really good. Well easy to find info on.
I personally would prefer to start transmission shift issues troubleshooting at the top and work my way down. IE the TV cable, the TPS and other manifold sensors, then move to testing external transmission connections for response, etc..
I think If someone kinda laid all that info out it would save tons of questions, time and money. That last thing is probably the hold up.
Could number the steps on the list and just refer people to the step to procede to based off the info they give in their comments.
In the long run doing that basic layout for anything saves a ton of everything. Can link to the preexisting videos and detailed instructions off each one after the basic info. And after any variables. Plus the next step to go to depending on the results of the current one.
That stuff makes it fool proof as long as it's not editable by just anyone in the future. Because if fools can gain access to the source, then changing the instructions, Well then they can destroy the existence of foolproof. That is the common current problem destroying society.
I know I get a F for spelling, punctuation, etc etc etc.. But you get the point.

Don't get me wrong. There is great info and videos here. It's allot to sort through to diagnose a problem. I learned allot about what the problem is not so far. And it's really useful interesting information. Wish my brain could retain it all for when I need it. Some of these fellas should be making that ridiculous Hollywood and athlete money. Much more useful people in the real world.