Carb swapped ‘97 vortec - SUCCESS!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think most of these guys were born after 1980 and grew up with electronics and think anything else is antiquated. It takes no more effort to dial in a carb than it does EFI difference is you have to actually do some work and get your hands dirty. What's up with working in rubber gloves anyway,afraid they may get some dirt on their hands?
Yes can you imagine changing jets and adjusting float levels???? How crazy is that! Imagine a fuel mixer that gives you 100% of the HP and TQ potential without a computer and paying someone to tune it.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yes can you imagine changing jets and adjusting float levels???? How crazy is that! Imagine a fuel mixer that gives you 100% of the HP and TQ potential without a computer and paying someone to tune it.

Earlier you said:

I’m not getting into a pissing match of EFI vs a carb as they each have thier advantages.

But now that you've deviated.

You must be registered for see images attach

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We now have a tool that makes tuning a carb muuuuch easier and more accurate,WBO2. No harder to read than an oil pressure gauge. You can get these with the controller and meter for less than $100 and use it on anything you can weld a bung into the exhaust. The only real work involved is welding the bung in your exhaust for the sensor. Never have to read a plug ever again. They have been using these for years on motorcycle dynos where the sensor has a long tube that they stick up the pipe. Not sure that would work on a full length auto exhaust.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Carbs work great and they have their place. Unlike the rudimentary early EFI the carb can give max performance without burning chips for obsolete EFI systems that can’t even be laptop tuned without a ECU swap. No need to get in other peoples face about their choices in carb vs EFI. If you don’t have anything helpful to say then….

Imagine getting called a hillbilly by someone who doesn’t know the different between their and “there” lol.
I can laptop tune the TBI systems all day long without swapping ECMs. I can tune them with the engine running.