My 69 Coronet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
One of my best friends was a factory Mopar mechanic for many many years! (He's an old-fart!) He builds & maintains many Chryco's for customers outa his backyard shop. Owns a couple of pretty rare ones, too. 440/6 4spd. Super Bee among others.
He has his finger on the pulse of most of the Mopar community here. MuscleCar specific!
And...seeing as he's also in Canada, there is no exchange, duty, or the outrageous shipping costs to bring stuff up from the States. If he doesn't have particular parts, he just may know who does!
If your interested in talking to him, even just to pick his brain a bit, PM me, & I'll get his number to you. Great guy just to talk to. Our conversations have gone on for hours, & I'm not a dedicated Mopar guy in any way!
He's honest, very fair, extremely knowledgeable & a great guy to deal with!
Tell him you got his info from me.
Don't know if that'll help any. Who knows? He may just hang up at the mention of my name! (Kidding! Lol!)

Last edited:

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Nice car!

I also have a small stash of Mopar parts, friends and family discount of course, it's a gift for Custom's...

I don't have anything for your interior, but I do have a few A833's and some 8 3/4 third members, and Super Stock springs up at my Dad's.

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
I have a guy here in town that is a Mopar guy, that I've been talking to lately… I'm going to Michigan on the 31st to the Gibraltar Trade Centre for the Mopar swap meet, but with the Canadian dollar the way it is, not sure I'll be buying anything, unless it's a really good deal… But in August there is Moparfest in New Hamburg Ontario with a big swap meet, hope to find stuff there…

I don't really need anything for the interior, everything I'm doing is custom…

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Nice car man! Seems like you got a really good deal on it.

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
Ordered new heads a couple days ago, they are Sidewinder heads (RPM copies basically) $850 a set, so not a bad deal...
You must be registered for see images attach

Also ordered the Gauges I want from Speedhut, as well as some new headlights and wiring harness, to convert to LED or Halogen instead of sealed beam...

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
Still waiting for the heads to come in, but my new headlights showed up...

I'm converting to a bulb instead of a sealed beam, need more light at night...
Also got a relay harness with it...

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
The headlights have halo's but I'm not sure I'm going to use them... They are white thou...

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cool mopar. I love B bodies. I am a charger fan. 68/69/70

I am on forAbodiesonly. (FABO)

You should try forBbodiesonly (FBBO)

I'd also recommend looking into doing the ammeter bypass wiring mod. Especially if ugrading the alternator to anything higher than 20 amps. The original wiring for alternator output goes through the bulkhead to feed the ammeter and then to the battery. This is a trouble spot. I did the bypass mod, and added a minidenso 50A alt, and 8ga going right to the battery with a 12ga fusible link at the battery end. Diagram B is the one you want to do.

Also check out www.designed2drive.com

They make a slick aluminum mounting bracket for about $25 to mount a GM 4 pin HEI module to the underside of a mopar electronic distributor. With this mod, You dump the ballast resistor and connect the 2 ballast wires together. Mopars with electronic ign run lots better fired by a GM module and a .3 ohm coil LOL

Also a cheap upgrade on the starter motor is getting a denso mini starter right from a ram pickup or ram van with the last generation 318/360 "magnum V8 engines" these will bolt right up to your 440 bellhousing. Are 1/3 the weight, almost half the size, but have 2.5hp compared to your stockers 1.8hp. I got mine as a remanned no core for $39 shipped. Using it for a 410 inch stroked 360 i will be building for my 67 cuda 4 speed notchback. These are perfect for cars with headers.

Also passon performance is now building a new overdrive 5 speed for old mopars that is a bolt in swap for the A-833. They call it the A-555. Its been tested to i think up to 800 hp no breakage. So if you convert your coronet for an A833, and find everything but the gearbox this is a nice bolt in option.

I am ******* after an A555 myself.

I hope this helps you out.

Matt

Last edited:

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, specially on the transmission. I am on FBBO, but I find the site lacks. Nobody really gives you any info, or their take on there info, they mostly just tell you to look it up. Which is what you're doing when asking them, but whatever...

I have a new set of gauges from Speedhut sitting in my house waiting to go on. I'll be running the by-pass when they go on because it's a volt meter and not a ammeter.

The Speedhut speedo is GPS driven, that's the main reason I went with this set. Being GPS, if I change gears or tire size the speedo will self correct.

I have been thinking of doing the mini starter and it will likely get done this summer, but right now the goal is to get the new heads on so I can drive it this summer.

While waiting for a few more things to come in to do the heads I started wiring up the new headlights, which I hope to finish today...