My 69 Coronet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
Thought I'd start a thread on this as I don't really have anything on it anywhere else…

Anyway, I bought this last summer for $6500. I've been wanting an old muscle car for a few years and decided to take the leap. I was looking for a GM originally, but decided I wanted something different, thats when I found this…
You must be registered for see images attach

It started life as a green 1969 Coronet 500 with a 318, and the previous owner built an R/T clone with a 440. It's an auto and pretty solid, but does have it's issues. But, only needed a reverse light to safety, so I was happy…

First thing I did was to put a new exhaust on it, because the exhaust that was on it was cobbled together and would hit the ground over bumps. So I had new pipes and mufflers installed from the manifolds back and had the factory Mopar tips put back on. And as if that wasn't enough to spend in one day, I also put on a set of new BFG Radial TA's. 255/60r15's out back and 235/60r15's up front…

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
After the tires and Exhaust I basically enjoyed the car until winter came. But just before winter hit, I found the passenger side head has a crack in it, so I've been on the hunt for a set of heads and a new cam (because why not). Also doing a new intake, headers and EFI while the heads are off.

I was able to get the car out for a drive on christmas (rare 39 degree day in southwestern Ontario). The head is cracked but the car is still drivable, just wouldn't take it out of town.

The interior is in good shape but the dash needs work. I have two gauges, AMPs and Coolent. The speedo and other gauges are not working. I've ordered a set of gauges from SpeedHut that are GPS driven, that way if I change the tire size or rear gears I don't have to adjust the speedo cable. I've also ordered some aluminum to redo the dash and door panels, for a more industrial look that I like…

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
Once the Heads and Interior are done I'm planning to install a new windshield and do a little body work…

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
A833 conversion is in the plans in the future, but probably a year or two away…

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
Either was nice looking car man. Me and my dad are building an 86 camaro x275 car

sent from my glade air freshner

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
It is a console car at least so a 4 speed conversion is a little easier… Luckily there is a company that sells a complete conversion kit, but it's $4k US and with the Canadian dollar where it is, I'm not ordering it anytime soon… I need the Oil prices to go back up…

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
Cool old car. I'm not much of a Mopar guy, scratch that...no part of me is a Mopar guy, but I can still appreciate any muscle car enthusiasts car. Not everyone is into old cars, let alone owns one, so we're in a group of cool old car guys from my standppint. I'd cruise with you.

What do you have for brakes? Drums all around? Discs in the front?

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
The rear is still the factory drums, but the front has been converted to disc out of and 80's Cordoba…
To be honest if I were to do it again, I'd try to find a GM. I love this car but my god Mopars are F'n expensive to make power. I've honestly contemplated an LS swap with a turbo, because it would be cheaper to get 600hp then building the 440…

Only reason I'm not doing it is for resale if I ever decide to sell…

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
SWEEEEEETTTTTTT. Here was my Mopar way back when. It was a 1973 Challenger, with a 340, 280 lift cam, duel spring valve springs, an aluminum high rise manifold, with a spread bore 650 Holley carb., and a duel gear timing chain.