My 1997 GMC Somewhat bulid thread ( Lots of Pictures)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
A white GMC! Always! I just wish I could afford a lift like yours.

Hey what does the right front plate say? I can't zoom in clear enough to read it

Haha man believe it or not I've built her on a really tight budget so far. Craigslist, junkyard finds, friends, friends of friends, lots of things like that. Where I live it's an everyone knows everyone type of place so it really helps.
The one with the blue and green puzzle pieces says "Solving Neurofibromatosis One Puzzle Piece At A Time." It's a disease that my little sister has, that causes tumors throughout the body and I had it custom made a while back for her. She was so excited because the blue and green was going to break up the whole storm trooper look I have going and she didn't think I would actually do it. The other one says "I Fish Therefore I Lie." It was literally the first "mod" I ever did when I started driving and has been on the truck for like six years haha

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Haha man believe it or not I've built her on a really tight budget so far. Craigslist, junkyard finds, friends, friends of friends, lots of things like that. Where I live it's an everyone knows everyone type of place so it really helps.
The one with the blue and green puzzle pieces says "Solving Neurofibromatosis One Puzzle Piece At A Time." It's a disease that my little sister has, that causes tumors throughout the body and I had it custom made a while back for her. She was so excited because the blue and green was going to break up the whole storm trooper look I have going and she didn't think I would actually do it. The other one says "I Fish Therefore I Lie." It was literally the first "mod" I ever did when I started driving and has been on the truck for like six years haha

Dude, doing that for your sister is cool! My wife deals with the handicapped, and both my parents have had strokes. So I have an idea of what your going through. That's really cool that you can do that for her.

And yes, buying things on Ebay. Craigslist, junkyards and from whoever or whatever is how you get ahead these days. Your pulling it off the right way.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Dude, doing that for your sister is cool! My wife deals with the handicapped, and both my parents have had strokes. So I have an idea of what your going through. That's really cool that you can do that for her.

And yes, buying things on Ebay. Craigslist, junkyards and from whoever or whatever is how you get ahead these days. Your pulling it off the right way.
Thanks man! She was born with it so we've dealt wit it our whole lives. My grandma has really bad alzheimers and without her care taker wouldn't be doing as well as she still is so tell your wife thank you very much for what she does and that they don't get the kudos they deserve!

I'm trying man. It was a long slow process and still is. I'm just happy that I can say I have been able to do it all myself without any help from my parents. She's far from perfect but she's mine haha

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Haven't posted anything in a long time but I've really just been driving her. Little problems have been taking place but I've just been fixing them as they occur. I did switch the steel five blade fan shroud to the eleven blade plastic S10 one a couple months ago. It's much quieter and helps cool the truck a little better. I also found out the BF Goodrich Dirt Track Racing tires were severely dry rotted when they all started cracking like hell so I was forced to get some tires asap. I got lucky on craigslist and found a set of Cooper Discover STTs that were basically new tread wise they just had a little rock rash on the sides because the guy had them on his Jeep that he only off roaded on the weekends with. He sold me them for $250 because he had decided to upgrade to 37s. Anyways, that's about it as far as mods go and I've got a few new pics to share. Let me know what ya'll think
You must be registered for see images attach

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Haven't posted anything in a long time but I've really just been driving her. Little problems have been taking place but I've just been fixing them as they occur. I did switch the steel five blade fan shroud to the eleven blade plastic S10 one a couple months ago. It's much quieter and helps cool the truck a little better. I also found out the BF Goodrich Dirt Track Racing tires were severely dry rotted when they all started cracking like hell so I was forced to get some tires asap. I got lucky on craigslist and found a set of Cooper Discover STTs that were basically new tread wise they just had a little rock rash on the sides because the guy had them on his Jeep that he only off roaded on the weekends with. He sold me them for $250 because he had decided to upgrade to 37s. Anyways, that's about it as far as mods go and I've got a few new pics to share. Let me know what ya'll think

God I love this truck. You gotta update more often! I must've read your thread 3 times beginning to end

Sent while pulling out a Ford