My 1997 GMC Somewhat bulid thread ( Lots of Pictures)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Yup... It was like getting a prostate with no lube, but since I don't have a car lift at my house I had to get the shop to do it..

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

Next time do it yourself you definately dont need a lift to swap rear ends or p
Bring it to me and ill save u some money

jasonreichle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Next time do it yourself you definately dont need a lift to swap rear ends or p
Bring it to me and ill save u some money

Your probably down in the states? It would cost me just as much to drive all the way down there then to take it to a shop.. It's not me not knowing how to do it.. That's simple stuff, it's the time and parts I don't have

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
My rear end recently went.. My truck originally had the 3.73's yours didn't? And that's an excellent deal to get my 10 bolt it was 550 for the used rear end and then another 700 to install the *****.

Damn you reall got screwed! It's definitely something you can do at home with the help of a buddy. I have 3.73s now so I can throw it in sooner rather than later haha

thats a good price!

I know man I was really excited! It's bad ass. Now I finally get to use your write up haha

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Damn you reall got screwed! It's definitely something you can do at home with the help of a buddy. I have 3.73s now so I can throw it in sooner rather than later haha

I know man I was really excited! It's bad ass. Now I finally get to use your write up haha

Yah i did mine all alone with a floor jack

jasonreichle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Yup it sucked.. But hey, she's going strong now. And word of advice whole your down under there doing that, make er look a bit nicer as in use some frame paint and re black it all... Also change your u-joints. Worth it. And make sure the brake pads are allright on that new diff
You must be registered for see images attach

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Ok guys so I finally got home after being in Chicago all summer. I missed my truck so much haha. Anyways I have made a few mods already. I ordered new wheels, got the 35s I was given a while back on, got the 14 bolt rear end that I bought right before I left on and I painted my corners white. Let me know what you think! I'm in love with how she is looking right now

I also got this random picture at my dad's friend's house