My 1997 Chevy Z71 "Black Betty" Build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Yeah they're all over the Internet, I know rockauto sells them. I still have my originals in a box.

EDIT: I thought you were talking about corner lenses lol but same goes for the cab lenses, I don't have originals :p

Sent from my 5.7 powered iPhone
I'm fairly confident you could buy a set of Amber lenses. I like the look of them over smoked/after market

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
I'm fairly confident you could buy a set of Amber lenses. I like the look of them over smoked/after market

Yeah you can, and I do too, when I bought the smoked set I have I was thinking I'd be going for a murdered out look.. Which I'm still entirely confident I could pull off [emoji41]

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
So this weekend I tackled the task of a water pump replacement, now I've got most of the cooling system bled but it seems they're may still be some air trapped. While driving the thermostat opens normally but then the temp. gauge fluctuates between the 1/4 mark (150-160?) and 180-190 area while driving, anyone got any tips/tricks to better bleed the system?

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I just take the cap off and let it idle for about 30 minutes. As long as you keep seeing little bubbles pop up, you still have air.

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
I just take the cap off and let it idle for about 30 minutes. As long as you keep seeing little bubbles pop up, you still have air.

Been researching some since I've been home from work and I think that's all I need to do. Heat on, rad cap off, watch it bubble and add once the thermo opens.

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
Sold the clear headlights tonight along with extra corners an park lights, slightly new facelift coming up! Luckily I still had my stock yellow headlight to use for the time being... She's too ugly I'd rather not post a pic lol