My 1997 Chevy Z71 "Black Betty" Build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
Can you expand on the install of these 3 blue LED's? A link to the product you used and how exactly you installed them in the cluster. Is there a seperate thread on this? Those look sweet man

Currently I'm using LEDs from superbrightLEDs.com, inside the interior forum in the OEM & custom interior section there is a stickied thread about the LED install.

Sent from my 5.7 powered iPhone

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
Read through the whole thread to update myself. I love the semi-stock look. It's not done a lot

Thanks man! Ultimately I'm trying to stay close to looking stock, except for the eventual lift, farther in the future I'll even throw a chrome grille an orange corners back on but that's no time soon.

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Thanks man! Ultimately I'm trying to stay close to looking stock, except for the eventual lift, farther in the future I'll even throw a chrome grille an orange corners back on but that's no time soon.

I like the stock look, the only thing I'd do is put a grille guard and cab lights

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
I like the stock look, the only thing I'd do is put a grille guard and cab lights

Both have been on my mind... I've even got a set of pacer cab lights but they're smoked and now I'd rather have the amber lenses. Still undecided if I'll ever install a set.

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Both have been on my mind... I've even got a set of pacer cab lights but they're smoked and now I'd rather have the amber lenses. Still undecided if I'll ever install a set.

I think they look good once you get past stock height and tires. Amber with LEDs look amazing

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
I think they look good once you get past stock height and tires. Amber with LEDs look amazing

That's what I was thinking, lift and then make some other decisions. If I can ever decide what lift.... Gonna be a few years before it gets lifted and I'm gonna have all the body rust repaired before that. Constantly debating between 4" or 6" and sometimes 3" or 2" body lift plus 4" suspension.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Can't you buy new Amber lenses for them?

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
Can't you buy new Amber lenses for them?

Yeah they're all over the Internet, I know rockauto sells them. I still have my originals in a box.

EDIT: I thought you were talking about corner lenses lol but same goes for the cab lenses, I don't have originals :p

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I'm sure they sell just lenses on summit or something like that