My 1997 Chevy Z71 "Black Betty" Build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
Dash cubby hole finally arrived yesterday so I didn't hesitate getting that in an hour ago cause who needs 2 CD players?! Lol

You must be registered for see images

Took a nighttime interior shot a little while ago so here's a daytime to go along with that, on another note I can't wait to install the new door speakers still and with some recent diagrams from crutchfield I've got a good deal of confidence to replace the back tower speakers this summer!

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my 5.7 powered iPhone

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Looks awesome so far! I'm getting the motivation seeing your radio and CD delete, and it reminds me I desperately need to upgrade my sound system,

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
Looks awesome so far! I'm getting the motivation seeing your radio and CD delete, and it reminds me I desperately need to upgrade my sound system,

I didn't know how horrible my sound actually was til I replaced the head unit.... Serious difference to my ears! I'm still getting use to not seeing how it's been the last 2 years lol change is good though!

I highly recommend ordering anything you need from crutchfield!

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I didn't know how horrible my sound actually was til I replaced the head unit.... Serious difference to my ears! I'm still getting use to not seeing how it's been the last 2 years lol change is good though!

I highly recommend ordering anything you need from crutchfield!

I'll look into them! I was just planning on picking up one of those basic package deals from Wal-Mart that had the radio and 4 speakers, is Crutchfield a decent product?

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
I'll look into them! I was just planning on picking up one of those basic package deals from Wal-Mart that had the radio and 4 speakers, is Crutchfield a decent product?

They sell good quality units at very reasonable prices, plus with the purchase of the head unit you get the whole mounting kit + wiring adapter + antenna adapter, so my unit was $120 and I got all that. I advise no one buy the crappy Walmart deals cause the quality comparison really is so noticeable, even for me being the novice I am to sounds systems an such.

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score

sethel

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got tired of seeing the aftermarket corners being foggy all the time, solved that! And a improvement in my mind!

Early September I finally started doing something to the interior, for $30 in eBay LEDs I was pleased for 30+ LEDs. Currently the door lights and floor lights are switched to white not blue anymore.

Can you expand on the install of these 3 blue LED's? A link to the product you used and how exactly you installed them in the cluster. Is there a seperate thread on this? Those look sweet man