My 1997 C1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I understand the budget but it needed to be done, it sucks to do all the work and end up with a truck that rides like crap.

best97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
C-Notch and shock extenders came in today. The springs and flip kit still have about a week before they arrive. I was wanting to ask if it was okay if I went ahead and installed the c-notch. Would it cause any problems without the lowering kit?

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
C-Notch and shock extenders came in today. The springs and flip kit still have about a week before they arrive. I was wanting to ask if it was okay if I went ahead and installed the c-notch. Would it cause any problems without the lowering kit?
Go look at how your springs are attached to your axle and you'll answer your own question.

best97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The axle is still on the bottom of the leafs. I order a 3/5 lowering kit for it hasn't came in yet. I ordered a C-notch and shock extenders I was just asking if it would cause problems if I installed the c-notch before the lowering kit so it wouldn't be so much work when I do install the kit. Thanks 618 Syndicate I will if I run into any problems.

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it would be better to just wait, you really need the leaf spring disconnected from the frame (the rear mount at least) when you do the notch and make sure everything is fully supported in front of and behind the area of the notch. Doing one side at a time will help keep everything straight.