What shock extensions for 6 in drop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what is the goal of notching above the frame, did you do a body drop?
As per the Belltech instructions! Lol

The C-notch bracket (for lack of better term) is about 3/8" thick. So the bed wouldn't be sitting flush down on the frame because the brace would be sitting up on the Belltech bracket.

And I could physically rock the bed front to back when I set the bed back down.

And with mine being a stepside, I definitely didn't wanna crank down on the bed bolts and put stress on the bedsides and crack the fenders. You flatside guys may get away with it, but I didn't wanna chance it.

Hopefully that makes sense.

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I did a little extra clearancing on my bed brace, to make more room for new tail pipes. I lifted my bed up about 12" though to do the C-notches. I had to cut away a little above the frame too, to clear the C-notches.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I did a little extra clearancing on my bed brace, to make more room for new tail pipes. I lifted my bed up about 12" though to do the C-notches. I had to cut away a little above the frame too, to clear the C-notches.
I'll be doing that as well for my exhaust. I just cut my pipes off at the mufflers when I did the flip kit. But I don't wanna just dump it before the axle. It will either be coming out the sides again, or out through the rollpan.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
their website shows this as the best option, and it specifically states it will work with a notch, but i just dont see how thats going to fit. my notch is wider than the factory bump bracket seen in the pic, and then extends at least 4 inches out past that with the bolting surface.

They work with a notch. My NBS daily is dropped 6/8 and the helpers sit and function as advertised. As I said, I've used them on several trucks.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
their website shows this as the best option, and it specifically states it will work with a notch, but i just dont see how thats going to fit. my notch is wider than the factory bump bracket seen in the pic, and then extends at least 4 inches out past that with the bolting surface.

I used the same kit on my suburban

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
their website shows this as the best option

I had those. For a while.
Nothing but probs. PitA!
My install? Driving 'habits'? Poorly designed band-aid cure? Whatever.
Found that those bottom brackets that just sit in place on the spring via air pressure, would walk back-n-forth on the top of the spring. As much as an inch in either direction from their proper positioning, as per the instructions. I referred back to those numerous times trying to figure what I'd done wrong.
They require minimum 5lbs. of pressure at all times. I had to run at least 10psi to keep them in the 'right' place. ...and even then, I could see that they would still shuffle around.
Shot of black paint. Drive. Check for rub marks.
The problem? @ 10psi the truck was sitting at a 5" drop.
Nooo. Wrong. I lowered it 6, not 5!
So, as hard as it was to do, I dealt with it by gritting my teeth, putting the OCD on hold as best I could and resigning to "they are what they are."
I only needed them for carrying real weight occasionally anyways.
Ran them @ 5psi for a few months.
Then...I needed them. Two complete '50's Buick interiors in the box.
One front seat alone is over 200lbs.
On the bump stops.
But yea. I got this! Helper bags! Woohoo.
Through some air at 'em & all I hear is 'pssssssss...' from the right rear.
That bag had been walking back-n-forth so much, so often that the metal band at the top of the bag had worn a hole it.
A tire patch didn't work.
Now I gotta unload 1/2 this ****. Make 2 round trips. 80 miles each.
...and because I had dicked around trying to patch it, no warranty.
"Lower your truck!" they said!
I dunno. I think that maybe the prob has to do with where that top bracket is mounted on the frame & the way that the spring changes shape as it flexes through it's cycles & where the bottom bracket sits.
Having to be on an angle doesn't help things either. Maybe if that top mount utilized a pivot/shaft such as a shock's.
But, more-n-likely though, it was probably a reflection back on me & the corner-carvin'. HeHe. oops.
Some stuff just won't put up with me.
If something has a weak point, or a limit, sooner or later I'll find it.
More parts for the been-there-done-that pile
One thing's for sure, I found the weight limit of a 4/6 dropped RCSB 400.

To me, this makes more sense.
Vertically mounted, middle of the spring.

Beason

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The setup in this pic would not work for me. that would be at least partially on top of the notch plate and i would have to drill that and the frame

i have this style notch and this one shows the top bracket using the already there bolts in the notch. but i doubt all the notches have the same bolt pattern exactly so will it work with mine?

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It’s designed for a belltech notch so the holes line up, but I used it on a DJM notch and had to re drill holes, but it works.