What shock extensions for 6 in drop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i want to install air shocks,

thats the reason for the questions.
Lol. Okay. Then I'd suggest you just say that rather than making up an excuse about why. That way i won't waste my time solving your imaginary issue recommending something designed specifically to solve that issue.

Beason

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lol. Okay. Then I'd suggest you just say that rather than making up an excuse about why. That way i won't waste my time solving your imaginary issue recommending something designed specifically to solve that issue.
i specifically stated such in the very first post.

You must be registered for see images attach

If you have a link to a bag kit that would work at a similar price point, i would be interested there as well. I just assumed the air shocks would be easier to install since they just replace the shock thats already there.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i specifically stated such in the very first post.

You must be registered for see images attach

If you have a link to a bag kit that would work, i would be interested there as well. I just assumed the air shocks would be easier to install since they just replace the shock thats already there.
The reason you stated for installing air shocks (i.e. the issue at hand) is better solved by helper bags. Hence my response. Then you said you just wanna install air shocks, hence my second response.
Airlift makes a helper bag setup specifically for lowered trucks, I have a set on my NBS daily. If you go that route I suggest getting the onboard compressor kit as well, makes life far easier.

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You could probably use air shocks for a 68-72 Chevelle, Monte Carlo, or Impala. But I suggest you get the specs on the drop shocks and try to find some air shocks that are a close match to the lengths. Some of the manufactures or parts house web sites have the length specs.

I have no experience with air shocks though, that's just how I would go about it.

Beason

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You could probably use air shocks for a 68-72 Chevelle, Monte Carlo, or Impala. But I suggest you get the specs on the drop shocks and try to find some air shocks that are a close match to the lengths. Some of the manufactures or parts house web sites have the length specs.

I have no experience with air shocks though, that's just how I would go about it.
I got the specs and sent those to Monroe support, but they quit responding to my emails...

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Air shocks are a waste of time. Been there done that. You’re putting a lot of added stress to shock mounts that are not designed for it. Spend that few extra hundred and get helper bags.