MsChevy's 1997 Chevy Silverado ECSB aka Big Blue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
Just passed 235k km (146k miles) on my way to work this morning.

You must be registered for see images attach

Nylanderz

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow it really looks good with the new wheels!! Are those Mickey Thompson Classic 3's? Would love to have those wheels!!!
Waiting for the Led bar install in the grille.. ;)
a tip if you're about to order a led bar, try to find a curved 32" with only spots and no flood. I've got that 'Combo' setup on my led bar and thinking about it i would rather only have spots to get that extra length on the light!

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
Thanks but they aren't mine. I believe they are ION Alloy Wheels style 171, they belong to my friend he let me borrow them when my wheels where stuck on the ship from the US.

Haha me too! :) I've been looking on ebay for a cheap curved 32" but shipping tends to ruin it. Where did you get yours?
I kinda like the combo one, I'd like to see what's on the sides, but I'll think about it before I buy one.

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
So it finally happened this weekend! I drove by my friends place to pick up my wheels, then up to my dads garage to pick up my tires and the down to the tire mounting place. They told me it would take a while to mount the tires on the wheels so I left them there and went back the next morning. They aren't use to having vehicles (or wheels n tires) the size of mine in their tiny little shop, but they never complain.

I'm sooooo happy with how it turned out! Even tho I bought exactly what I wanted (both wheels n tires) I still had some doubt in my choice of tires up until they where on the truck then I knew I picked the right once. Everyone kept telling me they would be so loud and ruin my mpg but they are only slightly louder then "normal" tires which doesn't bother me at all and I haven't noticed any difference in fuel consumption so far. To be honest these wheels n tires feel better and lighter than my friends which is kind of odd.

Wheels: Raceline Renegade 6, 17"x9"
Tires: Cooper Discoverer STT, 265/70 17"
Now I really want a 6" RCX lift

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That is a clean-looking truck now!

If I saw that over in Europe, I definitely would break my neck trying to turn around fast enough to see it!

I like those tires too. My own tires have a similar tread and make NO noise at all. I have a close friend with the same tires and he is constantly in fields of muck and has not had an issue getting stuck.

Keep it up!

Triplel40

Gear Jammer
Reaction score
Love the new wheels and tires! Those Discoverer STT's are good tires, we run them on our Cummins' all the time. Love how it all turned out. Now I want to buy those Raceline Renegade's for my truck, but I don't have the $600 it would cost me. Truck is looking good though! Keep up the good work!

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Digging those rims... I have the chrome 18x10 8 lug versions... they look sweet in black