MsChevy's 1997 Chevy Silverado ECSB aka Big Blue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Triplel40

Gear Jammer
Reaction score
Thanks, me neither! Fortunately the damage isn't as bad as it first sounded but it still sucks, I miss my truck! Thanks, I can't wait either. I've been trying to find pics of blue colormatched 400's but they seem to be pretty rear, the once I've found looks awesome tho. If my banner had been in original condition I would probably have left it like so but mine looks like someone painted it with a brush over and over... I hope it'll look good all blue, I think it will. :) I didn't know the old once were stickers, I thought they were like the mine but flat.

The funny thing is, at first I didn't really like the colormatched look but then the more I saw it the more I like it. Are you gonna repaint it the same color or different?

Thanks, the shop is working on it, I hope! :)

It will probably be maroon again. I might build a flatbed for it, and if I do I'll either colormatch the grille, and flatbed and bumpers all maroon, OR paint the body maroon again, but the grille/bumpers/flatbed black, and the bottom 1/4 of the body black.
I really like this truck, so kinda looking at it for inspiration, except everything silver on his will be black on mine:
You must be registered for see images attach

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
Maroon is a really nice color and ofcourse black looks really good with it too. I think it would look really good either way, you got a tought decision to make! :) I think with the black it would look tougher and with all maroon it will look really clean, more in the show truck direction.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
You know, when you say that, I think mine actually did light up before too...but I do remember not seeing anywhere for a bulb to go either, when I get my truck back I'll take it apart again and have a look. Could the light come from the other bulbs or is the mirror switch seperate?
I honestly don't know... I need to figure it out haha

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
So I finally got my truck back about a week ago, I can't believe it took 9 weeks to fix it!! I'm still waiting on the list of things they did but I do know they replaced both looks + doorhandles and the ignition, unfortunately they didn't get new keys and now only one of them works... I also know they replaced a bunch of things inside the steering column, one thing being expensive as hell... about $950. (Truck still handles like crap tho, needs a new steering box)

While I was waiting to get my truck back I ordered some new wheels and tires for the summer, I only have a set for winter and I can't drive with them after april 15th since they are studded. The new tires should arrive today and wheels are in a container on a freight ship somewhere on the atlantic, should arrive (hopefully) before the 15th. (Pics and info when they have arrived)

Right after I picked it up I went to look for a place to get some pics, living right next to a military base makes exploring around here a bit exciting, normal people have to look out for deer or maybe a moose but we have to look out for tanks crossing the street!
I found this old abandoned building which is very rear cos they are never left standing, they always tear them down and build something new... so I thougt it'd be a good background. Unfortunatly there was some seriously weird light outdoors and the truck needs a bath really bad, but I took a few pics anyways... and I really wanted to play with my new GoPro Hero4 Black.

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
It's been a while, not much has happend but a lot will. Mostly I've just been driving it and it's been working perfectly.

I finally got the list of things the shop did. I didn't expect them to sent me a copy of the bill to the insurance company with all the prices but they did and the insurance company spent more money fixing my truck than I bought it for. I've paid them so much in insurance money for my cars & trucks over the years it's about time I get something back! Pretty much the whole inner workings of the steering collumn is replaced with brand new parts, lots and lots of $$$.

Last week I randomly checked my bank account and found a whole bunch of money that I didn't know what they came from, turns out my grandma decided she had too much money (!) in her savingsaccount and thought me and my cousin would have better use for it... She's funny and I love her <3. Never heard of a retired 85-yo widow with this "problem", most people don't have this "problem" period. She said spend it wisely and with the Impala, the truck and my home it's not really difficult to find things to spend it on.

So the truck gets some love earlier than I expected...
* I always wanted a smoothie, they aren't necessarily expencive but extra costs for over-size, shipping and taxes on that makes it very expencive. Buying a new one here is even worse and at the end of the day it's not even OE or OE quality. So I turned to the junkyards, I found two OE chrome smoothies, one didn't have pics and the other looked pretty rough. I asked for the price and nearly passed out. That was about 8 months ago and I've been checking in on it and they still have it. I talked to them yesterday and asked if they could come up with a better price for the bumper and a foglight switch, they did and a friend is picking it up for me on tuesday and then another friend takes it with him 320miles north to me in Stockholm.
* I also decided to get new exterior bulbs, LED front to back except hi/low beams, they are halogens. Xenonwhite for low/hi beams, park/pos and reverse (cargo is already xenonwhite), red for rear/break and yellow/amber for turns. Most of it arrived this wendsday, hoping the rest arrive today.
* And I bought a new stereo since my old one decided to die.

So fog light switch, smoothie bumper, stereo and more LED's for the 'Rado, and blue paint so I can finally colormatch everything. Soon I'll be ordering new head & taillights, fog lights, roll pan and some other goodies from the US.

New smoothie, looks worse than it is.

Looking pretty...

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Looks good!! Its crazy how much of a difference just wheels and tires can make. What are the plans next?

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
Looks good!! Its crazy how much of a difference just wheels and tires can make. What are the plans next?

Thanks! Exactly, my winterwheels aren't the best looking but with the roadsalt (not that we have alot of it but still...) it's just not worth it have nice wheels.

Hehe I have a loooong list of small and big things, I would really like to get a RCX 6" lift and I need to do some rust and paint repairs. Also I'm in desperate need of shocks, mine are totally gone.
New head + taillights, fog lights, LED bar behind the grille, flush mounted LED's in the roll pan... the list goes on and on. New wheels and tires are already on the way.

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
THE WAIT IS OVER!! Late last night my friend emailed me and said my new wheels have finally arrived and that I could pick 'em up when I got time! I'm picking them up on friday after work, then of to get the tires mounted and throw 'em on the truck!
14 weeks is how long it took for them to ship from the US west coast to Sweden, it normally takes 3-6 weeks, all this because of that stupid west coast port strike in February... :thumbsdown:

This weekend I'll also get my new LED & Halogen bulbs installed, except front turns since they sent the wrong bulbs and the stereo, gonna be nice with some tunes in the truck.

Sneak peak of my new tires: (Size matters, huh?)

In 2 weeks we celebrate midsummer here, it's a 3-day holiday weekend meaning I get plenty of time for some bodywork and paint on the RH door & both rear corners of the bed, and by then my new front bumper should have been delivered so that and the grille will get colormatched too. While I'm at it I'm gonna try and get that stuff (spray on bedliner?) of the lip of the hood too.

Nice little poser pic in the sun.