MsChevy's 1997 Chevy Silverado ECSB aka Big Blue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
Oh alright. Tell him he can sell them too me if he doesn't need them... ;)

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=271608270047

Here's the one i bought. 132$ ~ 1100sek included shipping. But don't forget you will most likely get charged with some kind of toll fee, i got about 300kr in toll fee bringing the total too about ~ 1400kr. :)

Love those new wheels, both thumbs up!!

I'll let him know! :)
Shipping on that one wasn't too bad. I'm gonna see if my friend can get me one, container fright is cheaper and since he brings home a container every month the wait wont be that long.

Thank you very much, I love 'em too :)

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
That is a clean-looking truck now!

If I saw that over in Europe, I definitely would break my neck trying to turn around fast enough to see it!

I like those tires too. My own tires have a similar tread and make NO noise at all. I have a close friend with the same tires and he is constantly in fields of muck and has not had an issue getting stuck.

Keep it up!

Thanks!
Haha in the northern part of Europe where we get snow these trucks are usually not in the greatest shape, mine has survived pretty well tho :)

I'm super happy with my tires, the truck feels completely different, I can feel it gripping the asphalt when taking of at a redlight, with my friends setup it just felt slow and heavy which is weird since his tires have a "normal" thread...

I will! I'm about to order some new stuff for her. :)

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
Love the new wheels and tires! Those Discoverer STT's are good tires, we run them on our Cummins' all the time. Love how it all turned out. Now I want to buy those Raceline Renegade's for my truck, but I don't have the $600 it would cost me. Truck is looking good though! Keep up the good work!

Thank you, I love it too! I've noticed, they are very quiet and roll very lightly even tho the wheels and tire combo weigh a ton.
$600! You're lucky... including shipping, taxes, custom fees and all that I paid $1100 and that is a very low price here. Buying them locally would be about $1700.
Thanks, I will! :)

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
I AM TRUCK, FEED MEEE!
(She's got expencive taste... that's $117.5 for 18.5 gallons of 95 octane, so $6.35/gallon...)
You must be registered for see images attach

Enjoying the sun

Oh, and this arrived yesterday. I ordered it monday around 10am and it said 1-2 workdays before shipping, yesterday at 11.30am I got a text from the shipping company saying my stuff was at my pick-up point, that's what I call service!

Translation: Clear Coat, Primer, 2xBright Blue Metallic Paint & Silicon Remover.

And my "new" smoothie bumper and foglight switch arrived yesterday too. I got a ton to do this weekend, to bad I've been (and still is) sick as a dog for the past 2 weeks.

Triplel40

Gear Jammer
Reaction score
I AM TRUCK, FEED MEEE!
(She's got expencive taste... that's $117.5 for 18.5 gallons of 95 octane, so $6.35/gallon...)

Jeeze here I am complaining about $3.05 a gallon for my 87 octane....can't imagine filling my truck's 34 gallon tank over there...:banghead:

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
Jeeze here I am complaining about $3.05 a gallon for my 87 octane....can't imagine filling my truck's 34 gallon tank over there...:banghead:

It's pretty bad... I got my first fuel bill for the truck, $365 for one month. Actually gasoline prices are pretty low right now (to us anyways), last summer it was between $7.5 - $8/gallon of 95 octane. We don't even have 87 octane here...

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
A little update...
It's been a long weekend, I left work early on Thursday and drove across town to pick up my new bumper and fog light switch at my friends place. My dad helped me weld up the four holes from the extra lights and license plate and then I started sanding down the chrome. Friday morning I grabbed all my stuff and drove up to our shop and worked my ass off for 12 h straight, did the same on Saturday and by Sunday afternoon both the door and bumper (and grille) looked ready for one final layer of fillerprimer so I sprayed it on, 15 minutes later both looked like a disaster. It looked like the primer froze, like snowflakes or ice crystals. I didn't do anything different then with the other layers and they looked fine so I have know idea what happend... I felt like there was nothing more I could do so I cleaned up and went back to my parents place.
This morning when I was leaving for work I had to stop by the shop to pick up my parking pass from my truck and I took a quick look at the bumper and it looked perfect again, the snowflake/ice crystal effect was gone! So weird!

I ran out of time and didn't feel like putting the grille back on just to take it off on thursday again so I'll be driving a Volvo XC90 this week, not that it's a bad car but I actually already miss my truck...
I'll be back at it again next weekend, luckily this year the Swedish national day was on a Saturday (June 6th) so I get an extra paid day off from work any time I want, so I'll be taking friday off.

Things are happening... btw, do I really have to go this far plus also remove the headlights from the truck to change the hi and low beam bulbs?

"New" bumper, welded up. I'm surprised it's in such good condition, it only has tiny little scratches on the corners, came of a -92 junked in 2012. $180 including a slightly beat up but fixable valance.

The grille... when I bought the truck it had a crack on the passenger side that I fixed but after I got it back from when it got stolen the crack was back, apperently the shop thougt it was OK to climb all over the front leaving footprints on my plasti dipped bumper (not really a big deal but still not OK) and cracked my grille... very unprofessional IMO. So I had to fix that too, this time with some reinforcement.

Passanger door, the paint came of when I removed the moldings...

Grille, bumper, bowtie and passanger door is ready for final sanding and paint.

Finishing touches, 2015 plates vs 1996 plates, not that I have to get new once but the old plates look like crap.

A little "bonus" pic: thin skin vs sandpaper. This is what happends to your fingers when you have thin skin and don't wear gloves... It doesn't look so bad but they're supposed to look like my ring finger, I barely have any skin left... and it's even worse now.
I'm a woman, I work in an office and my hands aren't used to this...