MsChevy's 1997 Chevy Silverado ECSB aka Big Blue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
I'm looking at LED's for the interior and I need a little help to see if I'm correct or not. Mine has powerwindows, powerlocks, powermirrors, push-button 4x4, overhead console w map lights and dome light w reading lights behind OHC. These are the bulbs I've found:

Gauge Cluster: 6 x 194bulbs (Blue)
HVAC: 4 x 74bulbs (Blue)
A/C + recirc buttons: 2 x 74bulbs (Blue)
Doors (white+red marker): 2 x 194bulbs (White)
Under dash/floor lights: 2 x 194bulbs (White)
Glovebox: 1 x 194bulb (White)
Ashtray: 1 x 194bulb (White)
Dome Light: 1 x 42mm Festoon (White)
Dome Reading: 2 x Ridgid Loop 44mm (White)
Map Lights in OHC: 2 x 194 (White)
4x4 buttons: UNKNOWN (1 x 74 maybe?) (Blue)
Airbag switch: UNKNOWN (1 x 74 maybe?) (Blue)
Headlight Switch: 1 x 4mm neo wedge (Blue)
Driverside, Powerwindows: 1 x 4mm neo wedge (Blue)
Driverside, Powerlocks: 1 x 3mm neo wedge (Blue)
Driverside, Powermirrors: UNKNOWN (1 x 3mm or 4mm neo wedge maybe?) (Blue)
Pass.side, Powerwindows: 1 x 4mm neo wedge (Blue)
Pass.side Powerlocks: 1 x 3mm neo wedge (Blue)

Exterior (since they are broken)
3rd Break: 2 x 194 (Red)
Cargo: 2 x 194 (White)

Is it right? Does anyone know what the UNKNOWN once are supposed to be? Thanks!

Last edited:

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Im gonna PM Sampuppy1 a link to this thread, he is the resident LED guy.

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
Thanks Big D! He replyed in the Interior -> LED Gauge Install-thread.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Still need me here or are we good from the other thread?

Thanks for the heads up Darren!
sent from what is likely a flagged smartphone.

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
I got my LED's yesterday, now I'm just waiting for the weekend.
On another note, I did some junkyard searching yesterday and found original front and transfer case skidplates, my front one is missing and I'm not sure about the other one. Found oem fender flares too but they want $850 for a set, they're new but that's just ridiculous in my opinion... I guess I'll just stick with naked fenders.

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
Weekend update

Friday afternoon I did the yearly saftey inspection and for a 17 year old truck that hasn't had it's inspections done for 7 years it went pretty damn well, only one note, "loose ball joint right front, upper" (at least that's what I think it's called in english). This means I have a month to fix that and then do a new inspection but only on that part and then she's good for another year.

Saturday was more productive. I started the interior LED conversion, since some of them has to be soldered I figured I'd strat with the easy once. Only a few left tho: dome reading lights, headlight switch, pw, pl, pm, airbag and 4x4. I also put in my LED's for 3rd brake and cargo, but cargo didn't work (regular bulbs and blue LED's worked but not the white once, I think I know why tho...)
I also took 5 seconds of my time and removed the awful Air Bag-sticker that was on the passenger side where the airbag is, I can't believe that after 17 years noone had removed it...
Then I removed the grille so I could get those headlight washer of, which was easier said then done. Had to get some help from my dad and he could barely get them of... and for now I have 3 big holes on each side but that'll be fixed soon.

The LED's
You must be registered for see images attach

Blue gauge cluster, no high or low spots

3rd brake with red LED's and old regular bulbs (will be white LED's), it's brighter in real life

Forgot to take a pic of the aftermath... no grille

Sunday with an extra hour cos of wintertime, I put the grille and lights back, connected the lightswitch and 4x4 switch and took her for her first official and legal drive. Went to the recyclingplant and throw away a bunch of stuff, she is pretty nice to drive, she isn't as fast as my Dodge Magnum but not bad at all.
Then I took her to my parents house and gave her a good cleaning, twice! PO did a crappy wax job... so much left over wax residue, white stripes and patches everywhere!

Crappy pic but at least she's clean! Those wheel wells and the frame tho... need to fix that and I need to get some daylight pics...

Monday morning, today that is, when I got to work I checked my e-mail and my friend, who builds and drives racecars with 1500-2000 hp, had driven in to a telephone pole with his -90 rclb in an empty parkinglot in broad daylight destroying his bumper, valance, grille, hood and two hella lights... I kinda laught a bit (he is fine, truck is messed up but fine) Since he needs to replace all that and I want a smoothe bumper, a new valace, a new grille and maybe a cowl hood I say it was just meant to happend. :)

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
I'd like your opinion, how should I paint my tailgate banner, #1, #2 or #3? Right now the banner is all silver but in bad shape.
I think I like #2 best...

(Excuse my poor Paint skills, obviously the blue on the banner will match the truck.)