MsChevy's 1997 Chevy Silverado ECSB aka Big Blue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Welcome from Chicago!

Your truck looks great, most of the trucks I've seen from Europe are in a lot worse shape than yours. I would go with option 1 for the tailgate, it looks closest to stock but just a little different.

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
Welcome from Chicago!

Your truck looks great, most of the trucks I've seen from Europe are in a lot worse shape than yours. I would go with option 1 for the tailgate, it looks closest to stock but just a little different.

Thank You! :)

It's in pretty decent shape, has a few places with rust but not to bad. It was only driven during it's first 10 years, the past 7 years it's only gone about 6-7k miles in total. Mine being a -97 makes it pretty rare here, most trucks are early 90's and with our winters (lots of freezing and melting, usually daily) and lots of road salt they don't do too well, the 95+ seam to handle it better.

Haha you guys are not making it easier for me... one says #3, one #1 and I'm liking #2... I'm gonna have to wait 'till I get the roll pan...

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank You! :)

It's in pretty decent shape, has a few places with rust but not to bad. It was only driven during it's first 10 years, the past 7 years it's only gone about 6-7k miles in total. Mine being a -97 makes it pretty rare here, most trucks are early 90's and with our winters (lots of freezing and melting, usually daily) and lots of road salt they don't do too well, the 95+ seam to handle it better.

Haha you guys are not making it easier for me... one says #3, one #1 and I'm liking #2... I'm gonna have to wait 'till I get the roll pan...

These trucks look so much cleaner without a banner IMHO. I peeled a perfect one off my truck the day I brought it home. I also peeled the 4x4 stickers off. We all have different tastes though.

This is the only recent photo I have of the rear, it is dark outside now so tough to get a pic. I have since repaired the missing bumper trim.

You must be registered for see images attach

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
These trucks look so much cleaner without a banner IMHO. I peeled a perfect one off my truck the day I brought it home. I also peeled the 4x4 stickers off. We all have different tastes though.

This is the only recent photo I have of the rear, it is dark outside now so tough to get a pic. I have since repaired the missing bumper trim.

Well I love the banner so it's staying, I've removed everything else... I actually peeled of the 4x4-stickers this weekend, never liked them. I think removing or keeping things actually depends on the truck, for some reason it can look really good on one truck but totally off on another... it looks really good on your truck tho. Mine just looked old and tired with all the things it had when I bought it...

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine just looked old and tired with all the things it had when I bought it...

Oh I understand completely - mine was a car lot derelict when I got it. It had sat for 2 years and was missing pieces as well as the tan interior being black. I spent alot of time making it look at least decent. I went thru a big transformation the first weekend I had it.

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
Oh I understand completely - mine was a car lot derelict when I got it. It had sat for 2 years and was missing pieces as well as the tan interior being black. I spent alot of time making it look at least decent. I went thru a big transformation the first weekend I had it.

Yeah, mine went from being 17 years OLD to just 17 years and when I'm "done" it'll be 17 years YOUNG... :)

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
A late update...

Last Saturday I finished the easy part of the LED conversion except the door lights, PO broke the white and red plastic cover and the thing that sits in the door so I need to get the door panels of and fix that so the bulbs don't fall inside the doors.
What's left is powerwindows, looks and mirror controlls, 4x4 buttons and Air Bag switch. I would also like to paint the gauge needles white before I put everything back together again.
Then I cleaned up the skidplate I picked up last week but since I'm having some steering problems (something new is leaking) I haven't put it on yet, might need to get in there.
I also started drawing on new grille inserts, we'll see how that goes...

LED's

Does anyone know what to do about the not so bright headlight switch? Would removing that clear plastic thing inside make it better?

Maps, Reading and Dome Lights

On Sunday I removed the 4x4-stickers which was surprisingly easy, a heatgun and an old creditcard to get an edge to grab and got the sticky residue of with lighter fluid. After that I went to the marina and help my parents cover their boat for the winter which took the rest of the day.

On another note, since I removed the headlight washers I now have 3 big holes on each side and because of that, a few cracks and the sagging in the middle I've decided I'm gonna try and repair it and color match it. I'm also getting a new bumper eventually, I'll probably get a smooth paintable bumper... if I like the colormatched grille, which I'm pretty sure I will. My friend who recently drove into a telephone pole is getting my old bumper.

Holes...

Covered with chrome tape to hide the worst.

During my last junkyard raid I found a fog light switch that fits in my dash and original foglights so I'm thinking of putting fogs in my valence next to my tow hooks.
$60 for the switch and frame thing and $216 for both foglights... expensive? (Don't know quality yet)
Does anyone know where to buy the foglights new other than LMC and Cross Canada Parts? Or if anyone knows what size they are (height + width)?

Fog Light Switch, the same jy also has original fog lights from a -90 C/K truck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ben1975