MsChevy's 1997 Chevy Silverado ECSB aka Big Blue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77Impala

The Hauler
Reaction score
The hoses on yours also includes the steel attach point of the lines. You should be able to order them through LMC and have them shipped to you.

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
The hoses on yours also includes the steel attach point of the lines. You should be able to order them through LMC and have them shipped to you.

Oh, okay. Since anything I have to order from the US will take about 3-4 weeks to be delivered, I'm just gonna have to wait and replace it later, can't have the truck standing in the workshop unmovable for too long.

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
Does anyone have an idea on what to do with this...?

You must be registered for see images attach

I love the tailgate banner but it’s a mess! I’d like to remove all the paint and whatever may be under it, make it shine and fill in the letters. But what's the best way to get the paint of?

Tomorrow we will finally put the powersteering pump back together again, got the renovation kit the same day I left for my vacation.

77Impala

The Hauler
Reaction score
Removing it from the truck to restore it would be best. But I don't know how easy or hard it will be to remove it. On mine I plan on deleting it this coming spring when I plan on repainting my truck. Trying to remove the paint while on your truck could be dangerous to the rest of the paint on the tail gate.

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
Removing it from the truck to restore it would be best. But I don't know how easy or hard it will be to remove it. On mine I plan on deleting it this coming spring when I plan on repainting my truck. Trying to remove the paint while on your truck could be dangerous to the rest of the paint on the tail gate.

Yeah, i was thinking that too... but I've heard that they break easy and finding a new one seams impossible. It's one of my favorite things on the truck so I really want to keep it. I think I'm just gonna leave it as is for now...

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
A little update...

Last wednesday we fixed the powersteering, it took a bit longer than expected so I didn't have time to test drive.

This weekend I took a drive around the building to test the ps, worked great 'til I got back and backed into the garage and there was a 25 ft line of ps fluide in front of me. We started digging around but couldn't find anything, we agreed that it had to have been ps fluid on/in the crossmember infront of the engine, it's right under the ps pump, and when I backed in there is a threshold making the truck sway from side to side. I also put on the new side turnsignals and replaced the broken bulbs, mounted the new anchor points in the bed and fixed the "rear turnsignal brake light problem". After the shop replaced the "turnsignal/window wiper/hi-beam and so on"-control arm the rear turnsignals would act as brakelights. I still had the old one and it had one cut wire and three wires that were T-sectioned, so after serious consideration I cut the same wire, luckily it was right cos that thing cost $625 (we couldn't find what the other three wires were T-sectioned for and everything is working like it did before...)

Monday morning my dad did the same test drive I did and there was no ps fluid on the ground. None had leak out from the ps system either so we consider it fixed. Now, as far as i can remember, all the technical stuff is fixed and I can start on the fun stuff.

Next thing is probably gonna be removing the headlight washers, they don't work and I don't like them, especially not the hose... Then clean out the interior properly, it smells funky... and start working on the centerconsole. Also I'm gonna place my first order of "fun stuff", I'm doing the interior LED overhaul, I'm gonna use blue and white, blue for the gauges, switches and buttons and white for interior lightning, I think it would be cool with all blue but not very functional...

Oh, and since all things required for passing the yearly safety inspection is fixed I will do that too...

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
Does anyone have an idea on what to do with this...?

I love the tailgate banner but it’s a mess! I’d like to remove all the paint and whatever may be under it, make it shine and fill in the letters. But what's the best way to get the paint of?

Get some "fine-line" tape it's plastic and conforms to curves better, also makes a nice sharp edge. Now either mask the outside letters or inside letters or just the blank open areas. Once you do that, grab some 400 grit sandpaper on a longboard (12" sheet on a sanding block or a piece of wood) and sand just the raised areas. I painted the whole banner and did that process, it looks like this now:

You must be registered for see images

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Best way to get the paint off the banner would be to use a chemical stripper preferably with the banner off of the gate. You must wear eye protection, heavy rubber gloves and have a water source handy, as it will burn your skin in seconds. No joke.

Alternately, you could use multiple layers of 2" wide masking tape on the gate and overlap the edges of the banner ( leave about 1" of paint to remove by other methods ) and mask the rest of the gate with heavy plastic. Do this with the tailgate flat on sawhorses. Apply a heavy coating of stripper, and wait for it to bubble up. Remove with a rubber squeegee when it's bubbled up, and then wipe off the residue with rags. Use plenty of water on rags to neutralize the stripper once the paint is gone. Peel up the masking tape and plastic.

A garden hose would be handy to use as well.

Dispose of the stripper residue and waste in accordance with your local requirements.

Sand the rest off carefully, then use an epoxy primer and paint as desired. If you can't do that, you might consider taking it to a professional, once you have it mostly stripped.

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
Get some "fine-line" tape it's plastic and conforms to curves better, also makes a nice sharp edge. Now either mask the outside letters or inside letters or just the blank open areas. Once you do that, grab some 400 grit sandpaper on a longboard (12" sheet on a sanding block or a piece of wood) and sand just the raised areas. I painted the whole banner and did that process, it looks like this now:

You must be registered for see images

I've seen that banner before, forgot it was yours, it's beautiful! I was thinking of painting mine the same way except blue where yours is black or the other way around (silver where yours is black and blue where yours is silver).
Sanding it of seams like a good way, hard work but good acuracy so I don't ruin the paint on the tailgate. I think I'm gonna try this first. Thanks!

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
Best way to get the paint off the banner would be to use a chemical stripper preferably with the banner off of the gate. You must wear eye protection, heavy rubber gloves and have a water source handy, as it will burn your skin in seconds. No joke.

Alternately, you could use multiple layers of 2" wide masking tape on the gate and overlap the edges of the banner ( leave about 1" of paint to remove by other methods ) and mask the rest of the gate with heavy plastic. Do this with the tailgate flat on sawhorses. Apply a heavy coating of stripper, and wait for it to bubble up. Remove with a rubber squeegee when it's bubbled up, and then wipe off the residue with rags. Use plenty of water on rags to neutralize the stripper once the paint is gone. Peel up the masking tape and plastic.

A garden hose would be handy to use as well.

Dispose of the stripper residue and waste in accordance with your local requirements.

Sand the rest off carefully, then use an epoxy primer and paint as desired. If you can't do that, you might consider taking it to a professional, once you have it mostly stripped.

I think this will be my second option, I'm really worried that I'm gonna ruin the paint tho. If sanding is to hard I'll try paintstipper, thank you!