MsChevy's 1997 Chevy Silverado ECSB aka Big Blue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
This last weekend I bought some new things.

New anchor points, stainless steel bolts, nuts and plates, a headlightpolishing kit and new side turnsignal markers.
You must be registered for see images attach

Old vs New. I'm required to have side markers but they don't have to stick out like a f-ing neon sign!

Before polishing kit:

After:

I did the headlights too but I need to go over them again and I have to see if it works on the taillights too.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Lots of good work. Keep it up. And yeah, the 4X4 decal needs to go. I took mine off and replaced it with a smaller more updated one.

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
Lots of good work. Keep it up. And yeah, the 4X4 decal needs to go. I took mine off and replaced it with a smaller more updated one.
Thanks, I try!
Yeah I think so too, the sticker doesn't work with the look i'm going for.

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
The leaking powersteering was bugging me, it leaked a lot more than the PO let on and one day I nearly drove straight thru a roundabout cos I couldn't turn the wheels. Last sunday me and my dad decided it couldn't be that hard to get it out so we gave it a try. We got it out and filled it up to see where it was leaking, didn't take long for the first drop to show...

Something is missing...

It came out pretty easy, testing to see where it leaks.

Next day my dad got impatient and took it apart and hopefully found the cause, a new set of gaskets/o-rings has been ordered. I'll be picking 'em up on Sunday.

I probably won't have time to fix it in the next 2 weeks since I'm going on vacation, but maybe the weekend I get home.

I also figured out why my 3rd brake light and cargo lights didn't work that good... half were broken. The bulbs will be replace with red and white LED's soon.

77Impala

The Hauler
Reaction score
Might want to replace the Power Steering hoses as well while you have it out. Those look like they have been in there a while if not it's whole life.

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
Like Volvo's...

Nice truck!

Exactly, Volvo is Swedish and we have pretty nasty winters here, headlights gets covered with roaddirt in minutes and during winter season we usually have daylight between 9am and 2pm or less... so headlight washers are pretty good.

Thank you very much!

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
Might want to replace the Power Steering hoses as well while you have it out. Those look like they have been in there a while if not it's whole life.
They probably have, the hoses are the black part in the middle right? Unfortunatly I'm not sure the hoses are so easy to find here and if they need to be ordered i'd have to wait 3-4 weeks for them to get here but thanks for the info, I'll keep it in mind!