MsChevy's 1997 Chevy Silverado ECSB aka Big Blue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JurgenS

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm on the same side of the ocean as you so I would like to have a km/h odo as well :)

JurgenS

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in Belgium and as far as I know, we only have very few junkyards where they have US cars. I only know 2 that are the name "junkyard" worth. Other just have like 5 US cars, that's not what I call a junkyard. The 2 junkyards I know are often more expensive then Rockauto or Summit....

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
Oh cool!
Yeah we have the same problem here, we do have pretty many junkyards but only one with only US cars... and just like yours, ours are more expensive then buying new parts from the US and that's including shipping, taxes and custom fees...

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
Update time.

About 2-3 weeks ago my dad called and said I had a flat tire, probably got a screw or something in the tire... this was the week after I'd been at the marina so I figured it happend there.
Well, there was no screw but a 1" tear going from rim and out on the inside of the wheel... the tire had torn apart by it self. The tires look brand new (no wear at all) but production date says week 20 of 2001... so 13 years old... I figured if one of the tires could just tear like that the rest would/might follow soon so new tires where ordered.

I picked up my new tires before the weekend, had them mounted and balanced and put them on the truck. The following Monday I took the truck to the safety control place so they could check the replaced upper ball joint and she passed with flying colors, she is now road legal 'til end of June, 2015. :)

Old...
You must be registered for see images attach

Flyyyying!

Snowshoes!

Back at the shop

This weekend I finally got my cargo lights working after getting a different set of LED's.

5x 5050 SMD LED's: Xenonwhite Cargo light & Red 3rd Brake light

(The white isn't that blue in real life and the red is not orange in the middle...)

I also put in the last blue LED's in the door switches and soldered the LED's in the 4x4 buttons and the Air Bag switch, forgot to take pics put it turned out great. Then I decided that there was no point in waiting so I started with my grille. All chrome is roughed up with sandpapper and the white stuff is some type of epoxy, hopefully that will take care of the holes. Next weekend I'll do some more sanding and hopefully paint it. It'll be black for now since I don't have any matching blue.

One last picture with the face intact...

This is as far as I got...

Questions, should I use regular primer or plastic primer (primer for plastic car parts)? Or... first plastic primer and then regular primer? The plastic primer don't look like primer, it's clear...
Do I have to rought up the chrome more than in the pic for paint to stick well?

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
Played around a little with Paint the other day... I think this is how I'll paint the tailgate banner. It will be the same semi gloss black as the rearview mirrors, tailgate handle will be blue.

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
New anchor points, stainless steel bolts, nuts and plates, a headlightpolishing kit and new side turnsignal markers.

After:

I did the headlights too but I need to go over them again and I have to see if it works on the taillights too.

Do you have any pictures of your bed and where you put your tie-downs?

Also, how did you polish your 3rd brake light? Did you wet sand it? Edit: Looks like you used what we call a "Flitz Kit?"

Thanks for posting the interior LED temps that you used. That's exactly the color I want mine to be.

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
Do you have any pictures of your bed and where you put your tie-downs?

Also, how did you polish your 3rd brake light? Did you wet sand it? Edit: Looks like you used what we call a "Flitz Kit?"

Thanks for posting the interior LED temps that you used. That's exactly the color I want mine to be.

Sorry, I don't... but it's not that complicated, there is one in each corner of the bed, mounted on the first raised rib from the outside and one on each side on top of the wheelwells, so I have a total of 6 tie-downs. When mounting them you'll need an extra set of hands to be able to reach and the driver side is a little harder because of the neck to the gastank.

For the 3rd brake/cargo light I used a headlight polish kit (yellow box in the pic), I just put the compound on and rubbed with a microcloth 'til it was clean, make sure to clean on both in and outside.

No problem, you're welcome! :) I'm very happy with the "color" of the lightning and the brightness.