May be a little far fetched, but....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t93k2500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too bad you're looking for a regular cab, and low price :biggrin: because I would sell this one. Don't need it. Bought it to replace my black '94 C2500LD then my buddy asked if I wanted to buy the truck back...better off to get mine back and not having to do all the work to a stock truck (full poly suspension rebuild, drop job, door poppers, yada yada yada on and on.)

Richard

Yeah im looking for just the right truck, something that's clean enough, because its just a project. Living in the northeast, this is very hard to come by.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Yeah im looking for just the right truck, something that's clean enough, because its just a project. Living in the northeast, this is very hard to come by.

Same here looking for a decent base to start with

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It may sound expensive at first, but drive south and buy a truck, even if its just the body. Gas isn't cheap, I know, but rust is more expensive to deal with. Advertise that you are heading south with an empty car hauler and maybe you can hook up with someone heading that way, split some gas money.

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Junkyards in the south look better than walmart parking lots in the north. Stay away from coastal areas and anything near the beach especially. The ocean is every bit as bad as the salt on the roads up there.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
It may sound expensive at first, but drive south and buy a truck, even if its just the body. Gas isn't cheap, I know, but rust is more expensive to deal with. Advertise that you are heading south with an empty car hauler and maybe you can hook up with someone heading that way, split some gas money.

Your 100% right if i get these trucks sold i just might do that

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I live in the south, but coastal, so I travel to buy my stuff too. Mostly to get away from this military town, but to some extent the coastal salt. I ride my motorcycle to look at a truck and strap it down in the bed for the ride home. Granted, the truck needs to be reliable enough to make it home, just throwing options out there. Rust sucks, it affects everything, not just wheelwells and body panels.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I live in the south, but coastal, so I travel to buy my stuff too. Mostly to get away from this military town, but to some extent the coastal salt. I ride my motorcycle to look at a truck and strap it down in the bed for the ride home. Granted, the truck needs to be reliable enough to make it home, just throwing options out there. Rust sucks, it affects everything, not just wheelwells and body panels.

This i cant even imagine how easy a truck without rust would be to work on

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Clean is the biggest issue, sand and red clay packed into every nook n cranny is the biggest issue. I keep 4 oscillating sprinklers in the corner of my yard just to keep underneath my trucks clean.

Just so I'm not spoiled my daughter drives a car from Minnesota, total rust bucket, but it runs perfect and only cost $50.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Clean is the biggest issue, sand and red clay packed into every nook n cranny is the biggest issue. I keep 4 oscillating sprinklers in the corner of my yard just to keep underneath my trucks clean.

Just so I'm not spoiled my daughter drives a car from Minnesota, total rust bucket, but it runs perfect and only cost $50.

So those sprinklers wont start rust?