Lets see them 8 lugs!! 2500-3500 Photo thread!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might as well add this truck to the 8-lug photo thread:

You must be registered for see images attach

It's a 220K mile '99 C2500, all original L29 454/4L80-E/14 bolt FF 4.10 G80 drivetrain
with the 8600 GVWR suspension & JD7 brakes.

The PO upgraded to LT265/75R16 tires, while I blasted & refinished the original
steelies to match the Indigo Blue metallic color of the truck.

It's a low-key plain Jane chore truck, and the heavy duty aesthetic really appealed to me.
Here in upstate NY it receives plenty of attention from fellow truck enthusiasts, and is a hoot
to lumber around in whenever I get the opportunity.

If you haven't already seen the 'renewal' thread, here's a link if this has piqued your interest
in what it's like to be fixing up an old 8-lug beast here in the rust belt.

Last edited:

Treble

Reaction score
Mines is a custom ordered 2016, 2500hd, WT. 4 inch cognito on 35, with emissions compliant tunes. In 24 I will be adding- Lift Pump, Warn Ascent Bumpers, Warn Killer, Phoenix 10 inch screen, and some other stuff :)

Image is time stamped 10-16-23. That morning on a solo rifle elk hunt. I called in a small group of cow elk, the closest 36 yards. Crazy how quiet they were, seen 4 cows no bulls :(

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Recent pic of mine, just got it vacuumed, wiped down, and washed up for the first time in MONTHS.
Wife's been driving it since her Jeep is still down, figured she deserves a clean truck to ride in. Going to try and knock out the crew cab today too if daylight allows.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Might as well add this truck to the 8-lug photo thread:

It's a 220K mile '99 C2500, all original L29 454/4L80-E/14 bolt FF 4.10 G80 drivetrain
with the 8600 GVWR suspension & JD7 brakes.

The PO upgraded to LT265/75R16 tires, while I blasted & refinished the original
steelies to match the Indigo Blue metallic color of the truck.

It's a low-key plain Jane chore truck, and the heavy duty aesthetic really appealed to me.
Here in upstate NY it receives plenty of attention from fellow truck enthusiasts, and is a hoot
to lumber around in whenever I get the opportunity.

If you haven't already seen the 'renewal' thread, here's a link if this has piqued your interest
in what it's like to be fixing up an old 8-lug beast here in the rust belt.
That is a badass looking truck, looks capable of hauling just about anything. And the color matched wheels are icing on the cake.... Dad liked smooth, simple, tasteful customs; the fewer different colors and textures, the better. I do too, and your truck fits in that category. That's one reason why I love @kennythewelder's truck; everything on the outside is white, black or chrome (or aluminum polished so we'll it looks like chrome). That's what my eventual goal is on my trucks, $$$ and time permitting.....

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mines is a custom ordered 2016, 2500hd, WT. 4 inch cognito on 35, with emissions compliant tunes. In 24 I will be adding- Lift Pump, Warn Ascent Bumpers, Warn Killer, Phoenix 10 inch screen, and some other stuff :)

Image is time stamped 10-16-23. That morning on a solo rifle elk hunt. I called in a small group of cow elk, the closest 36 yards. Crazy how quiet they were, seen 4 cows no bulls :(
That is an awesome photo, I am just starting out in amateur photography and this really impresses me, it puts the truck in a great perspective.

South VA

K2500 454 Long Roof
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Nice truck!

Just curious - is that in the San Juans?

Last edited:

MILLCMACK

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Missing this one right about now- will be bringing it home from the shop to start stripping it down for a new flatbed and paint later this week.

Anyone looking for a bed or taillight assemblies?

97’ k3500 7.4l (currently shopping for a new-to-me motor)