LED headlight bulb replacement install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh they're done. :gr_grin: It already had Elegantes and HID's, just did the chop-chop so I could put the LED's in there. Didn't take pics as the truck is filthy and the weather hasn't really allowed for us to wash it; g/f drives it daily to work so it's gonna stay dirty at least a few more days.

Also on the black truck, replaced the little 921 incandescent reverse bulbs in the IPCW LED taillights with some tower/projector style LED's from Autolumination. For such small bulbs they're crazy bright. Not bad! I've got some for the Suburban as well but have to get the reverse lights working first. Some numbnutz hacked the connectors off the range switch at the transmission.

Richard

Yay badass man I'm very happy with my reverse lights helps tremendously!!!! Go projectors!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I would like to know what u think of these projector fog lights i found on ebay and if it would be cool if they would just bolt to the plastic on the grill lol where the headlights go atleast to see what they look like

You must be registered for see images

HankHill_K2500

Sweet sweet propane
Reaction score
Sweet writeup! I hate HIDs but the stock lights just underperform. Not changing my quad sealed beams to this, but definitely an option for my next truck :hmm: ;)

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
So I would like to know what u think of these projector fog lights i found on ebay and if it would be cool if they would just bolt to the plastic on the grill lol where the headlights go atleast to see what they look like
Huh? You mean to see how they might work as headlights, for a retrofit? I wouldn't bother. Those projectors aren't meant to function as headlights, and even if they were, most of those cheap aftermarket projectors do a poor job of it. The only good projector retrofit would be OEM style that are actual headlight projectors like Acura TSX or similar, or the purpose-made ones like Morimoto and a few others offer (check The Retrofit Source) - a little pricey but they work, and you'll definitely have to cut up the core support to make them fit. Not a huge deal, more than a few people have done it on GMT400's.

Sweet writeup! I hate HIDs but the stock lights just underperform. Not changing my quad sealed beams to this, but definitely an option for my next truck :hmm: ;)
Yeah, if you get to the point you're considering these, you might go back and read through the post again before plunking down your cash. These LED's are decent, seem to work OK, but I dunno if I would call them great. I think the technology still has a little growing to do in terms of the aftermarket offerings. For example, I haven't had the opportunity to take these out on a nice long trip down a dark country road to see how they REALLY perform. For driving around in my city they seem OK.

Richard

HankHill_K2500

Sweet sweet propane
Reaction score
Yeah, if you get to the point you're considering these, you might go back and read through the post again before plunking down your cash. These LED's are decent, seem to work OK, but I dunno if I would call them great. I think the technology still has a little growing to do in terms of the aftermarket offerings. For example, I haven't had the opportunity to take these out on a nice long trip down a dark country road to see how they REALLY perform. For driving around in my city they seem OK.

Richard

Ah yeah, thats true. I do a lot of night driving and definitely not in the city. Good call! Thanks!

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh man haha I didn't realize someone had already done it ooooops they look badass!!!

GMRedline

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh man haha I didn't realize someone had already done it ooooops they look badass!!!

Who? What? When? Where? lol

More info please.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Mind the threadjack fellas please :gr_grin: there are threads out there already for projector retrofits.

Richard