89 quad headlight led replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If a 4" x 6" will work I can get a set on Amazon pretty cheap.

They won't.

These Genssi H4701/H4703 are the only option I'm aware of that are actually a proper LED housing and will fit the quad lamps in these trucks. H4701/H4703 are smaller than 4"x6".

https://genssi.com/sealed-beam-led-replacement-headlights-for-gmc-c1500-2500-3500-trucks-2-pack/

Everything else linked in this thread so far looks to be a reflector housing with the drop-in LED module which will undoubtedly perform worse than the Genssis, or the wrong size.

I'm surprised they're claiming DOT approval, you wouldn't think going through the process would be feasible for niche items like this. Makes me wonder if it's legit or just more China stuff making baseless claims.

I would lean towards the latter, but unfortunately I don't know of any US based companies (or any reputable big names really) making LED housings in this size.

Gordy_

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They won't.

These Genssi H4701/H4703 are the only option I'm aware of that are actually a proper LED housing and will fit the quad lamps in these trucks. H4701/H4703 are smaller than 4"x6".

https://genssi.com/sealed-beam-led-replacement-headlights-for-gmc-c1500-2500-3500-trucks-2-pack/

Everything else linked in this thread so far looks to be a reflector housing with the drop-in LED module which will undoubtedly perform worse than the Genssis, or the wrong size.

I would lean towards the latter, but unfortunately I don't know of any US based companies (or any reputable big names really) making LED housings in this size.
Sweet! Thank you!

THOMASO1371

Reaction score
I’m using the LMC headlights with Slyvania 9005/6 XS bulbs. Beam pattern is ok. I’ve used GTR Ultra 2 before in the composite headlights and the beam pattern was decent with that because you can clock the led to line up with the original halogen. You would have to modify the bucket to account for the 90 degree plug.

Bushman

Reaction score
Stay away from HeadlightExperts.com, I bought a set of quads (H4701/H4703) after 6 months of harassment they finally shipped them out and they installed the high and low beam bulbs in the H4701 frames as well so they wouldn't fit in the original pots. After some modifications, I had them in. The lights look good and certainly are bright but there is no projection from them. The light shines to the tops of the trees on the roadside but only a short distance on the road ahead. There are better options out there.