96 K1500 best sealed beam bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Groovygringo

Reaction score
I've got a 96 K1500 Cheyenne or possibly the work truck I'm not sure how to tell the difference but it's got the Cheyenne badges on it. Anyway it's got sealed beam headlights the H6054 bulbs currently it's got Sylvania basic bulbs but I can't see a damn thing at night, what is the best bulb for this truck? I don't want to do a conversion if I don't have to I like the way the single bulb looks plus I dont really want to have super bright l.e.d lights I just want to be able to see good at night. Here's a picture of the truck and then a few bulbs I've looked at if anybody knows which bulbs would be best or has any better suggestions I'd appreciate it.

Attachments

• IMG_5975.png
    IMG_5975.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6227.png
    IMG_6227.png
    772.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6228.png
    IMG_6228.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6229.png
    IMG_6229.png
    582.4 KB · Views: 3

Komet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Silverstars have always been adequate for me. Just enough for me to not care to get something better. The wife always complains they're not as nice as her HIDs, I complained when I had to take her bumper off to replace a failed ballast.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
We have those HID projector headlights on my mom's Chrysler Pacifica (the station wagon/crossover from the mid 00s, not the minivan). They're great for distance vision, I think the original owner ordered it with them cause they lived in the country.
But they are fun and expensive to replace the bulbs on; gotta get behind the lens assembly for R&R, and that requires very small hands or you'll have skinned knuckles. A lot of things on that car, are that way, and most of the parts are specific to that model.

Groovygringo

Reaction score
Silverstars have always been adequate for me. Just enough for me to not care to get something better. The wife always complains they're not as nice as her HIDs, I complained when I had to take her bumper off to replace a failed ballast.
You ever had any issues with your headlight not adjusting? It seems like no matter how many times I turn the screw one of my headlights won't adjust and yes I've replaced the adjustment screws and the plastic piece of screws into twice already.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
I installed AUX Beam LED replacement units in my '98 Suburban. You can see them in my avatar, They are not just bulbs but a complete assembly. The made a huge difference in the amount of light that is put out. They have a very defined cut off and are not blinding to on coming traffic.

Last edited:

Komet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You ever had any issues with your headlight not adjusting? It seems like no matter how many times I turn the screw one of my headlights won't adjust and yes I've replaced the adjustment screws and the plastic piece of screws into twice already.
I glued my headlights into the truck with an alarming amount of rubber cement but one of them tore the cement on the second install so it's kinda floppy. Can't really help with the finer details on that one.