Hi/Lo beam situation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LVJJJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This might be an appropriate thread to ask if there is a way to have all four headlites on at the same time when switching to high beams?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
This might be an appropriate thread to ask if there is a way to have all four headlites on at the same time when switching to high beams?
Just search "4-hi" setup. A harness/relay mod to power all 4 at once.

Richard

Leeztruk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's a new one to me. The one I located is in Blackstone (Henry's Auto Parts). I searched on Car-Part.Com, to find something compatible. I'll have to check out Sam's. It's not too far from me, maybe 45 min. away. I used to go to the spring Carlisle swap meet in Pa. and we would stop at a Pick-N-Pull outside of Hershey. You could spend a day in there and not see the same vehicle twice. Sorta spoils you for the wont of something like that in New England. But CT is so small in size there isn't enough real estate for such an endeavor

Leeztruk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for looking, SOG. I also have a breakdown illustration, and like you found, there is NO picture of the shift lever. Maybe there is no bushing. After the holiday, I'm gonna contact some of the steering column rebuilders and inquire about it. Could be I'll hafta use what I got

Leeztruk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, diagnosis is confirmed. Drove out the pivot pin and removed the shift lever. Sure enough, the spring is broken. The lever does have a bushing, and only the collar is broken, but it's still usable. Should have the new spring today or tomorrow. The broken part of the spring was resting atop of the remaining piece. Luckily it hadn't fallen into the column

Attachments

• DSCN0761.JPG
    DSCN0761.JPG
    310.1 KB · Views: 6