Sealed beam to Composite light conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello, on my 94 K1500 im converting the sealed beams to the composite lights. Have everything I need, just waiting on new housings for the headlights and turn signals. One thing is throwing me a bit with the wiring though.

On every reference I see it shows a black wire for the ground on both sides for the headlights and highbeams(one ground for the 2), However on my truck the passenger side has a black ground with the beige and green wire like it should but the drivers side has the beige, green and then a blue and white wire.

Looking at wiring diagrams it seems like that blue and white is for the Daytime Running Lights. So my question is, is that blue and white wire a ground? Can I treat that blue and white wire just as I would on the passenger side with the black wire?(Splicing in the 2 grounds from the lo beam and hi beam bulbs into the 1 ground wire on the truck)?

Heres the wiring diagram from the service manual:
You must be registered for see images attach

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's no DRL's in 1994 US-market gmt400's. Are you looking at the right manuals? (or the right diagrams?)

Richard
Yeah I definitely am, my truck also has a fuse slot for DRL but no fuse in it. It’s weird that it has the blue and white wire. I think it’ll work though I tested with a high beam bulb and wired it in using the green wire as power and that blue and white as ground, the bulb came on when I turned the high beams on.