jtlichty's 97 RCSB Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jtlichty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice clean truck. Little tip though, tell him to loose the aluminum running boards, they eat rockers. My dad has a 94 with the same milage on it, also had the same running boards and its now a very rusty 90,000 mile truck lol

Thanks man. Yeah that's the first thing that will go on it. Hopefully soon. I've been telling him to take them off for over a year now and he's a little slow haha. But it hasn't been driven in quite a while anyway because we had the entire interior out and did an audio overhaul on it so he left it inside all winter. My ideas are: ditch the running boards/mudflaps, lift it a bit, new rims/tires, new headlights and parking lights, new rear bumper (his is the ugly WT bumper), and maybe a demold/debadge

95chev

Fear the Deere
Reaction score
Thanks man. Yeah that's the first thing that will go on it. Hopefully soon. I've been telling him to take them off for over a year now and he's a little slow haha. But it hasn't been driven in quite a while anyway because we had the entire interior out and did an audio overhaul on it so he left it inside all winter. My ideas are: ditch the running boards/mudflaps, lift it a bit, new rims/tires, new headlights and parking lights, new rear bumper (his is the ugly WT bumper), and maybe a demold/debadge

Sounds like some good ideas, should look damn good

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Looks awesome man id love to have either one of your guyses trucks

jtlichty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like some good ideas, should look damn good

Yeah I'm hoping so! It will probably take forever to get him to make all those changes though. He's scared of change, haha! But, the more I talk about it the more he likes the idea.

Looks awesome man id love to have either one of your guyses trucks

Thanks man, I appreciate it!

jtlichty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is a couple pics of the audio upgrade we did in my Dad's truck. Sorry I didn't take any pics of the process but if anyone has any questions about it just let me know! It sounds SOOO much better!

You must be registered for see images attach

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Here is a couple pics of the audio upgrade we did in my Dad's truck. Sorry I didn't take any pics of the process but if anyone has any questions about it just let me know! It sounds SOOO much better!

Looks good i plan to do somthing similar

gordinho80

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is that a sub under the driver side rear? What size? Any details/dimensions on that enclosure?

jtlichty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks good i plan to do somthing similar

Thanks man! Good luck. FYI if you wanna put 6x9's in the back you gotta be willing to cut the plastic and metal behind it (but you probably knew that already). There's no turning back afterward either, but I know my Dad and I are both glad we did it in his truck because the sound was terrible before and it worked out really well.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Is that a sub under the driver side rear? What size? Any details/dimensions on that enclosure?

Looks like a vehicle specific enclosure thisbis the one i have in my truck
You must be registered for see images

jtlichty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Yeah it is. Its in a prefabricated downfiring enclosure that I bought online for like $65 bucks. 12" sub in it that I already had laying around anyway. I can't really remember what site I bought it from but I'm pretty sure I found the link to the site that makes the sub boxes on this forum. If I find it I'll send the link your way.