Another one, 97’ Z71.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71Brother

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For anyone reading, does anyone have “a guy” that does OEM/factory radio repair? The cassette and CD players both need gone through as they only play when they feel like it haha. I’ve seen some pretty cool modifications with OEM stuff such as adding Bluetooth into the “#6 preset” on the radio. I’ve found a few guys, just wondering if anyone recommended someone!

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No personal experience yet but I plan on getting one from Amazon. Guy called 1 factory radio.

1 Factory Radio AM FM Radio w Bluetooth Music Streaming Compatible with 1995-2005 GMC Chevy Chevrolet Truck Van https://a.co/d/2np6uSC

Z71Brother

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@Orpedcrow Let me know how you like it, I have the ability to probably figure it out so I may end up trying to dissect a junkyard one and teach myself. Then I’ll just start business so none of us have to worry about it haha.

@89GMCJOHN Thanks brother! It truly takes me back to when I was younger. My dad had an identical in 1996, I’m ready for a massive GMT400 truck meet! We gotta make it happen.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No personal experience yet but I plan on getting one from Amazon. Guy called 1 factory radio.

1 Factory Radio AM FM Radio w Bluetooth Music Streaming Compatible with 1995-2005 GMC Chevy Chevrolet Truck Van https://a.co/d/2np6uSC
This is what I’m after. It doesn’t have the necessary outputs for what I’m going to run in my truck. This looks much better than the retro sound versions.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then I’ll just start business so none of us have to worry about it haha.
Heck yea!
It doesn’t have the necessary outputs for what I’m going to run in my truck.
I’ll run one of those fancy boxes from Audio Control to clean up and provide signals for amps.