1997 Z71 Silverado/90s era build.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71Brother

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey y’all, if you hadn’t seen my latest go check out my other thread on it! But for those reading I’ve recently acquired a 1997 Z71 Silverado, fully loaded and super clean with all the bells and whistles for 97’.
You must be registered for see images attach

So nothing crazy, but it needs my personal touch. I don’t want to do anything that will mess with the original appearance or originality of the truck. So things such as; CB radio and antenna and maybe some tasteful mud flaps really just wanna achieve the 90s dealership/truck stop accessories kinda feel. So open to ideas or suggestions! Already solved the originally radio but with updated Bluetooth installed problem so no worries there.

Here’s some stuff I like,

Bryce,

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
For true 90's epic'ness, it needs some pink and turquoise vinyl graphics or pinstripes on the side, tail light covers, and the fiberglass stepboards/ground effects.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
Seriously though, I’ve looked at chrome brush guards but I can’t find one I like. Everything I find looks too modern and doesn’t have a 90s period look. I think I’ll go without, but it’d look good on your black truck.

Z71Brother

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@OutlawDrifter I’ve been really thinking about pinstripes or some kind of graphics, nothing too flashy though.

@johnckhall I was cruising through the salvage yard the other day and say portable phone and antenna on a truck… definitely going back for it. Not sure on a brush guard yet though.

@John Moore Bug deflector all day, found a smoke shaded black one, I think would look killer.

@Drunkcanuk I’ve seen a few at the salvage yard but hadn’t thought anything of them till now, going to scrounge around and see what I can find. Far as mounting goes, I assume drilling is required. Also, how do you feel about cab lights? Too much? Too much for a light duty truck I feel like.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cab lights MAY be a bit too much. But nothing stopping ya from putting a few small LED's into the cab visor. Heck, you can probably wire the outside ones for extra turn signals. Mine was installed with with self tapping metal screws, think they were 3/8". Just make sure you put some caulking around the holes before you attach it, and I put some over top after it was tightened down.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Cab lights.. nothing like putting 15 new leaks in your roof!

For those of us that have 'em from factory.. well, they're a necessary evil. I don't think I would willingly do it to a truck that came without.

Richard

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I prefer late 90s with 6in lift 15x12 eagle alloy 058 and 35x12.5 boggers, paint matched bumpers and grill, no side molding.

And if you want a cb. Get a cobra classic 25 or 29. A lot of aftermarket for them.