It's been a long day...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
When I did the front clip swap it didn't take all that many tools.... And nothing out of the ordinary I just don't remember what sizes etc.

Sent from DAS DOOLAY!!!

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Yeah, and a breaker bar if you have one. Some bolts, especially bumper bolts, can be a pain to get out if they've never been moved before.

Oh, and a screwdriver, both philips and slotted.

Or you could skip the tools and just take a blowtorch and a hacksaw. :superhack::weld:

:lol:

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So full metric and standard 3/8 drive sockets, wrenches, etc.

Also remember, I'm going further in than just the front clip. Inner fender and radiator support are on the list too.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
So full metric and standard 3/8 drive sockets, wrenches, etc.

Also remember, I'm going further in than just the front clip. Inner fender and radiator support are on the list too.

Yeah when I got the front clip I pulled everything including the radiator support and inner fenders here's a pic of the Denali when I got done with it
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from DAS DOOLAY!!!

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ANOTHER LONG DAY

Well, it doesnt look like anything is being done today because "it's too hot and getting hotter."

I seem to be the only one in this house worried about getting this taken care of... I'm also the only one without a ride of their own, so I have to wait until it's convenient for them to take me. God forbid you dont sleep all day or miss that repeat of CSI or Friends...
And I also cant do anything without someone to watch my daughter and my old lady sleeps all day because she works overnights @ Subway...

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I guess I'll use this as a repair thread. Then once it's repaired and I start the upgrades, I'll create a start to finish thread.
I have two days off, and mama n baby are out of town for a few days, so we're tackling the repairs.

First things we got after were the grille and bumper. We had to use a come-along to partially unbend the end of the bumper so we could get one last bolt, but it just took liberal amounts of convincing.

Finally got the bumper off and found this:

But didnt exactly know what I was looking at, but this is the opposite side:

There are varying opinions on what to do, but the game plan for the moment is one step at a time. We ended our day with everything short of the core support removal done. Everything is unhooked, we just need to unhook the AC condenser (0 freon, need to fix leak that was probably already there) and we can pull the support off, it's already unbolted. I didnt get a picture before we left, I'll get the first thing tomorrow.

The game plan for tomorrow is to get out to the pull-a-part bright n early and get it all buttoned up asap. I have an earlier deadline tomorrow than I did today.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
We did the same thing with my truck after my accident. My dad hooked up some tow chains to the front of his Tahoe, but it in 4 lo, and stuck it in reverse while I stepped on the brakes in mine. Worked pretty well, I was able to turn without rubbing the bumper. Frame damage doesn't look too bad.

Did the fan or radiator get damaged at all?

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pristine.
Lemme run out to my scrap pile and I'll get a picture of the latch support. It's curved just slightly more than the condenser, maybe it's salvageable if y'all say so. He!!, the radiator support looks like you get bang it straight if we had a flat enough surface.

I'm saving all my metal to take out to the scrap yard to get money. Make some light out of the situation.