It's been a long day...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Don't post that picture any more, Josh!!!! You're making guys cry! :lol:

I'm thinking the crew cab should be painted white now. This was a great look.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That doesnt look nearly as bad as mine though.

Anyways, I heard back from my insurance, but I missed the call and got the message 3 minutes too late to try to call back. Now I have to wait until Monday before I can call back. But at least the claim went in, and I plan on getting up early to call them back.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Don't post that picture any more, Josh!!!! You're making guys cry! :lol:

I'm thinking the crew cab should be painted white now. This was a great look.

That doesnt look nearly as bad as mine though.

I've still got the memories I guess.... :bawl:

Anyways, I heard back from my insurance, but I missed the call and got the message 3 minutes too late to try to call back. Now I have to wait until Monday before I can call back. But at least the claim went in, and I plan on getting up early to call them back.

That's what I thought.

Sent from the surface of the sun

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He thought his didn't look bad either is what he meant, an they totaled it....

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
GOOD NEWS

Alright. Today just got a ton better for me. It started out like it was going to be a long day when I called the claims folks and they told me that my policy wasnt "in force" and that I'd have to clear that first. 20 minutes later, I'm talking to my insurance agent and she called the claims folks herself and asked them about it since her system says everyone is clear and ready. The claims folks tell her that everything is okay, they have no idea what the other guy was looking at. She gets off the phone with them and we're talking, I tell her that as of Friday night, my truck still ran and I should be good to go once they give me the okay to start fixing it on up. She calls claims back for me and outright asks them when I can start working on it, they say whenever I want since I only have liability and thus they wont even touch it. So now it's a matter of getting the time to go start pulling it apart to see how far the damage goes, which I think will be Wednesday. Unless my grandfather wants to get out there and start later today.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Someone wouldnt happen to know what general size sockets/wrenches I might need to bring along to do this, would they? That way I dont have to fit an entire set of sockets in my tool bag.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Bring the whole set. You can probably get away with just one type, but I would bring both metric and standard size tools. When I took mine apart, there were bolts that were in both types, the joys of having vehicle's parts made in separate countries.

I've honestly wondered how much it would take to go through the entire vehicle and replace all the metric with standard sized hardware (or vice versa if you like metric better). If I remember right, the main body bolts for the fender were 8 mm or something, but don't quote me on that, it was a couple years ago. Depending on how many parts you'll be pulling, you might as well take the whole set. Take a couple adjustable crescents too. That makes it easier when you don't want to go searching for the right size socket.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I shouldnt need the ENTIRE set, just all of the 3/8 drive, no? And no deep socket. Wrenches are a given. I take those every time. How about pliers? Pair of vice grips, maybe some side cutters.