It's been a long day...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got in an accident today... Rear ended a Ford when my brakes decided that having the pedal touch the floor wasnt enough. Was going about 30 when it happened. Came around a roundabout and clearly saw the Ford and began slowing down. Looked over my shoulder at the on-coming traffic and saw a car wasnt going to yield for the roundabout traffic, so I braked harder as I looked back toward the Ford when I noticed he was still there so I put the pedal in the floor. All it did was coast me into his back end. No ABS gravely pedal, no skidding tires, just my foot in the floor and my face in his a$$.
Girl (passenger) was talking mad $hit about how durable a Ford is. Kinda hard to dent a metal read end with a plastic front end.
Bright side is that my Burb still runs. Cant turn left because it would rub the bumper, and didnt try going right, but she goes straight and was able to be driven onto the tow truck.
I had it towed to the shop where my uncle works. Heading that way soon to look at it more with a level head, and to take pictures for y'all.
Still gotta call it in since I had to get back to work soon after it happened.

BTW, estimated parts list is
Fender x2
Bumper
Valence
Grille (including lower grille)
Turn Signals

Cant remember how the side markers or headlights looked.

And the cherries on top of the whole thing are that it wasnt his truck and that he had a warrant for his arrest, so he got arrested at the end.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
X2 on the brakes,
But parts and even a whole truck is replaceable. You and your occupants aren't. Glad your okay brah!

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just got back from looking at it.

Took this one right after the accident
You must be registered for see images attach

I didnt get any pictures of the other guy because I sorta snuck that one. But the extent of his damage looks to be paint.

Took these when I went to clean all of my stuff out of it.

Upper fan shroud is rubbing the belt at the AC Compressor. Not gonna look into it too much until I get the all clear from insurance.

My uncle offered up the front clip off his Chevy K1500. Might just take him up on it and debadge the GMCs off the back and sides. I'll just have to get the fender repainted to add the silver on the bottom.

Last edited:

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
wow... that sucks man, glad your ok. hopefully you can rebuild her, and make it better!

sent from DAS DOOLAY!!

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To make matters worse, I have no clue what to do now... I have no idea what to do from here. I'd rather talk to my insurance in person, but they're closed until Monday. Cant exactly call them this instant because my little one is still awake and running around. Family told me not to start getting into getting her back on the road until after the insurance gives me the go ahead.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh, and I found out I only need one new fender. Passenger side front fender looks pristine, damage wise.

And how expensive is the 1 ton caliper upgrade?

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good chance your Frame is tweaked right behind the bumper bracket. Core support is probably tweaked too.....

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
That sucks!!!! Glad to hear your OK.

Yeah, I wouldn't touch it until the insurance goes through it. If you mess with it, it might backfire on you and they will say that was from a previous accident or whatever to save them money