Long starts, fuel odor, poor mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FknMaxum

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply schurkey! I did jump the distributor over a tooth or two and still acted funny until I did what I saw on YouTube of all places which is got my old distributor cap and drilled out some holes to see the spark jump contacts at an angle . I adjusted it to where sparks go straight across and seems to have worked As for bt e fuel pressure still dropping when key is off I don’t know . I ended up pinching the return hose near the filter and turn ignition on. Great it went to about 60 then I fired it up and started perfect. Then. Smelled fuel so I stopped the truck and heard a hissss and pressure dropping Further investigation discovered fuel leaking out the front it lols like it popped a seal at an injector. I’ll post pic or try. So loks like the manifold comes back off and I’m going to see about returning the fpr for new one cause it’s happened before a part being defective right from the box. Hopefully this will be the final dismantling of the manifold. I’ll post again in the morning thanks