It's been a long day...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I got her home. No hood, no bumper, no lower grille, no lower radiator shroud, but home. Ride wise, she's just the same. But she does seem to bind a bit turning left. Not necessarily harder to turn, just not as smooth. Gotta head out to the partsyard tomorrow again. We figured out that the core support that we picked up before is a ton more different than the one we're replacing. I didnt realize that there's a big difference between 92-94 and 95-99 core supports. Missing mounting holes, grille not lining up completely, etc.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Core support/radiator support has a couple things different not just year wise. Well according to lmc catalogue anyways. It shows

LMC number 39-9572-T
88-95 are the same no mater what motor
96-98 with a 4.3 motor or a 5.0 with a 100amp alt are all the same

LMC number 39-9573-T
96-98 with a 5.0 and a 140 amp alt or any 5.7, 6.5, or 7.4 in that year range are all the same.

Not sure what is different but the price for those two are REALLY different.....LOL.

Sent from what use to be a great country.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well the grille holes arent even lining up. It looks like the core support doesnt follow the curve of the grille.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had/have the same issue. Didn't know about the year breaks till after I got my composite headlight grill. I ended up shaving the top mount hole on the driver center to off and removed the Stanton off that is on the center support that is front of the core support. Still doesn't line up 100% the way it's suppose to but at least it fits... lol.

Sent from what use to be a great country.