Installing a Remote Start, Alarm, or Keyless Entry?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97SilveradoHD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Python 413/Avital 4103 is a great entry level unit. Both units are the same with minor cosmetic differences on the remote.

Crimestopper RS4 is a great piece but last year's G3 remote wasn't the greatest. G2 remotes were the best. They are now at G5, but I don't have any experience with the G4 due to my recent switch to DEI products.

Bulldog products are junk. Audiovox Prestige is junk too.

Just my .02

found this on amazon. should i go for it? and could this be a DIY project? i am pretty decent at wiring
http://www.amazon.com/Avital-4103LX...F8&qid=1356816966&sr=1-1&keywords=Avital+4103

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
is the keyless entry from lcm anygood? i just ordered it tonight....I would go with a remote starter /keyless entry but because most of the electronics got cut out in my conversion to a carb, manual fuel pump, and most electronical components deleted, i didnt think it would be a very practical/easy chore to do

BigBrosMo

Reaction score
Hi guys, just bought a 93 C1500 Silverado! Loving it and looking forward to being part of the community here. It's the oldest vehicle I've owned in quite a few years and I have to admit I am missing some creature features... namely the keyless entry. My ride has power locks... am I correct to assume that I can use any remote starter with a keyless entry feature? ie. the vehicle doesn't need to have had a factory keyless system before? Thanks!

TXDIRT67

Reaction score
Hi guys, just bought a 93 C1500 Silverado! Loving it and looking forward to being part of the community here. It's the oldest vehicle I've owned in quite a few years and I have to admit I am missing some creature features... namely the keyless entry. My ride has power locks... am I correct to assume that I can use any remote starter with a keyless entry feature? ie. the vehicle doesn't need to have had a factory keyless system before? Thanks!

As long as it has power locks and the remote starter has keyless entry (and I don't know why it wouldn't), the truck does not have to have it from the factory. Go ahead and add it.

97SilveradoHD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just got a quote from my local audio/stereo shop for a full security system. $315. or $250 if i just want keyless entry. Thoughts? guy said the brand they use is Carbine

BigBrosMo

Reaction score
I went to my local audio shop and they wanted $305 for the remote start w/security install with the options I wanted... anti-grind, keyless entry, etc. The unit itself was $400. Found a guy online (through kijiji - similar to Craigslist) who works at a shop by day and does privates at night for $180. He guarantees his work for 1 year and the warranty on the unit is from the factory. I got the unit for $200 from a different place... so total will be half of the shops price when it's said and done. Just something to think about...

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I do these trucks all the time for $250 (keyless+remote starter) installed. I charge less when they don't have security ('96 and older). I use very good products and do top quality work.

I may have to raise my prices :cool: