Installing a Remote Start, Alarm, or Keyless Entry?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ginger

Teh General
Reaction score
i tried this once, i gave up i was going mentally insane

ZaneDickerson

Reaction score
I bought one of the keyless entry kits from autozone, bulldog brand i think... it cost like 50 bucks and i was about to install it a few weeks ago but the day i went to put it in my power locks quit working. Both passenger and driver side. I thought at first it was just like when the window switches go out but since its on both sides i dont know. My truck is a 92 silverado. All fuses are good.

Anybody know what my problem is?
ideas??

joshjuniorr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
probably a dumb question but is it possible on a manual? i'm sure theres a way to bypass the saftey switch

fletch

Reaction score
probably a dumb question but is it possible on a manual? i'm sure theres a way to bypass the saftey switch

It's not uncommon to have remote start on a manual. You just have to follow a turn off sequence so that the remote start can recognize the vehicle is in neutral and the parking brake is set.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
There you go guys, sorry about the less than awesome previous link. I think it was from Directed Electronics, but they figured out people were getting past their registration mess, and closed the hole.