Installing a Remote Start, Alarm, or Keyless Entry?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

itst9

Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations for a good remote start/ key less entry for my 95. I have been looking but don't know too much about them and nothing has really caught my eye. Price can vary anywhere from 30.00 but I was hoping not to spend much more than 200. Wiring shouldnt be a problem, I just want to get a good model.
Thanks

itst9

Reaction score
Ok so I have been looking and have found one here from Bulldog
Tell me what you guys think. I just want something simple with just buttons, maybe a few lights but nothing with an lcd screen.

Is there a difference on the engine it is going on? TBI or Vortec. I don't there would be because it sounds to me like it just uses relays to start, stop and unlock doors.

Also how many of these have you installed and the location. Pics would be great.

draggin95niss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ive been an installer for 12 years now and ive worked with alot of different alarms, above all id recommend viper or clifford (basically both the same) but autopage and prestige are ok...any alarm will give u problem after problem if installed incorrectly...i dont have much experience with bulldog but they sound sketchy...anyone needs any help or has questions feel fre to pm me anytime....also dont forget the passlock bypass on the newer models...another great place i personally use alot for vehicl info since dei is keeping tight security on their database is techservices.audiovox.com type it in ur browser exactly like that DO NOT add www to the front or it wont work....its a free service just sign up and u can access just about all the info u would need for alarms....

Last edited:

draggin95niss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
viper has a keyless entry system i think its the 211hv or sumthing..ill look at the ones we have and get the model....

itst9

Reaction score
i have had good luck with the bulldog remote starts their right in the 60 to 100 price range

Did you uses a T harness? I see that the website for Bulldog recommends one for the install, it is not needed but saves some time and splicing. If so where did you find it because i have looked all over and i see harnesses for 94 and 96 but for the life of me cant find one for 95. What am i missing.

Also draggin95niss;
I believe that bulldog is produced by viper.

orangeastre

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
While DEI(Viper's parent company) owns almost everything else,I don't believe they have purchased bulldog(yet).

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you uses a T harness? I see that the website for Bulldog recommends one for the install, it is not needed but saves some time and splicing. If so where did you find it because i have looked all over and i see harnesses for 94 and 96 but for the life of me cant find one for 95. What am i missing.

Also draggin95niss;
I believe that bulldog is produced by viper.

I didnt use the harness i have done 3 of them on ford explorers,one in a 97 monte carlo and the last one was a toyota t 100 they were very easy to hook up just got a wiring diagram for each type of vehicle and the fords needed a spare key with the transponder in it to go inside the unit