I Want 700

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blackwater

Engineering Geinus
Reaction score
I get the whole different strokes for different folks thing, but you could build a 700hp ls engine, 4l80e and rear end for the money youd have wrapped up in a crate 502 alone. Nevermind the fact that 700hp is borderline useless on the street with stock style rear suspension and will probably require a bit of frame strengthening.

But nothin says cool like a bbc with a fat nasty cam and a 177 blower on top, just sayin
Yes but a lot of times with cams, they get one with a nasty sound and no go. What happens to those is they have stock lift and duration with a lobe separation of 106 to 108. Most factory trucks have a 114 to 116 LSA for smooth Idle. I rather go nasty go and a light rough idle. 112 to 110 LSA is perfect. But I am into sleepers. I think its funny they sound like a monster leaving and there still leaving 10 sec. later. All that sound and your still here?

jjupiter100

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would probably be going with a 4L80. Not sure what kind of rear end.
I am also in to sleepers, but i want it to sound nasty and have that git-up-and-go.

Blackwater

Engineering Geinus
Reaction score
Once you get your engine, find out what heads you have and talk to the guys at Comp Cams. They always does right by me. They also make the cams for Trick Flow to match the heads they make.

Blackwater

Engineering Geinus
Reaction score
I would probably be going with a 4L80. Not sure what kind of rear end.
I am also in to sleepers, but i want it to sound nasty and have that git-up-and-go.
Exhaust systems can help with that. On my 2007 all I did was slap some medium length headders on and a single flowmaster 70 on it. growls a little starting and taking off but quiet cruising. You can find a cam and a exaust system that will work to make the sound you want. you first have to know what you want.

jjupiter100

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exhaust systems can help with that. On my 2007 all I did was slap some medium length headders on and a single flowmaster 70 on it. growls a little starting and taking off but quiet cruising. You can find a cam and a exaust system that will work to make the sound you want. you first have to know what you want.

Yeah, I've got exhaust dumps on my truck now that are before the muffler. It idles quiet, but loud when you step on the gas. My 350 is old and sounds tired, but when I first got them I thought it sounded great. That was 15 years ago.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
There's an awful lot of BS in this thread, getting kinda deep in here. There are naturally aspirated bigblocks putting out this kind of power all over the place. 700 horses out of a 500cid mill is not radical. It's about 1.5 horses per cube, which translated into smallblock numbers is around 500 horses out of a 350. Proper machine work and balancing, great port and chamber work on a good set of heads, the proper camshaft, the right induction setup, and you're there. Oh, and you don't need a blower or turbo either. Pay to play is the name of the game. How fa$t do you want to go? http://vortecpro454.com/#xl_xr_page_engines