I think I found a keeper. K2500 RCLB (Pigpen)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
That looks like quite the handy tool to have for straightening things out!

I've smashed thing's on the trail before to the point of having to use a tractor jack just so I could drive back to the road without slicing a tire open lol. I also used it to straighten my fence back up after a tree fell on it lol. I love tractor jacks.

Now that I'm at a PC I'll update properly. I got the new doors, fender, and hood on. One of the doors is still missing a corner, and of course my cab is missing corners and rockers.

I've wanted to try this rustoleum stuff for awhile, couldn't bring myself too on anything though. I mean, if it sucked, the whole internets would laugh at me and tell me they told me so lol. I did try it on a fender for my C10, it seemed okish. The goal with Pigpen is to have a decent looking work truck. If a chain get's dragged a crossed the bedside (this just happened with my Ram), no big deal. Easy touch up, low maintenance, low cost.

I had a quart of Sungloss, or Sunburst yellow, and I have some hardener and everything, why not give it a whirl? The only other paint I have is some TCP BC/CC red I bought for my C10, and I don't want to put 300 worth of paint onto this truck, that still needs repairs and body panels replaced.

So here we go,

First coat, no primer, should have used some, it doesn't cover well.

You must be registered for see images attach

After the second,

Third,

Fourth,

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
Best solution ive found for nasty door pockets is pull the panel off and get the window switches outta the panel then power washer

That would probably be alot more effective than picking it up upside down and shaking it like I did lol.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
yep, i usually let some mean green soak in it for a bit then pull it off power wash it, steam clean the little carpet section, hit it with some armour all and its good as new.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
So, I drove it at speed today (not a great idea with 10% brakes, but I had to know).

It's all over the road, even with evidence of having newer balljoints and whatnot, it floats and roams wherever it wants to really.

Which put's me at a crossroads. I can buy everything to bring the front end back to new (except I can't quite find everything, but I didn't look very hard), Calipers, Rotor's, pad's, shocks, bushings, BJ's, inner and outer tie rods, idler arms, pitman arm, center link. IDK, i didn't tally it all up, but maybe I can be all in around 800 bucks?

Or I can go grab a Dana 44 HP and throw it under there on some 52" leaf's. 250 for a Dana 44, maybe 300 for steering, not sure on spring price just yet, either stock or a 2.5". Misc steel would be about 100.

The real price of an SAS, all done, will be twice what rebuilding my current front is. But I can have it driving with non-functional 4x4 for about the same price. It's just way more upfront... Decisions....

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I did the same thing, I took mine down the road for the first time up to 55, but the bed doesn't have a single bolt in it holding it on and the front bumper is loosely held on with 2 bolts, but I chanced it because I wanted to know how it would do haha

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
I did the same thing, I took mine down the road for the first time up to 55, but the bed doesn't have a single bolt in it holding it on and the front bumper is loosely held on with 2 bolts, but I chanced it because I wanted to know how it would do haha

Yeah, I mean, i got this very cheap, because I had no idea.

I knew it started easily with a charged battery, and moved forward and back. That was it lol. I didn't know if it would charge a battery, if it shifted gear's, went straight, was spewing any fluids, or anything else lol.

So now I know, it will shift all four gear's, although the 1-2 seems a bit harsh to me.

It isn't leaking anything, and is full of everything, except perhaps gear oil in the rear.

It does not go straight, it wanders everywhere. It's incredibly vague.

The brakes will not stop it without being applied about 23 times in a row. And then it's iffy.