I think I found a keeper. K2500 RCLB (Pigpen)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
So i've woken up in regard's to the whole SAS thing, I really don't need another project, I need a driver.

Pigpen is going to stay IFS, for at least a few year's.
I've had the same thing go through my mind, if this was something i'd keep a while, i'd probably do something like an LS/manual swap, but I just gotta keep telling myself go on the cheap and save up for what I really want (a 2500 or 3500)

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I'm sure mine will need steering components too, when I took it down the road, the wheel was at about the 10:00 position while going straight, and felt pretty vague. I must say the brakes actually felt good for as much rust that is on them from sitting around for 6 years. It can't be worse than the last one I parted out with nearly 350k, the wheel had a good 45 degrees of play back and forth with no effect on steering direction.

Mine was just really vague. No wobbles or anything, I could just saw the wheel pretty hard without changing directions.

An entire rebuild kit, including hub's is 180 on 1A auto, add shocks and brakes to it, and I'm out 500 for a brand new front end. And I won't be plowing with it, so it should last as long as I drive the thing.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
Caved, he caved, hey everyone he caved

...called it

It was like a message from God. I was walking past out maintenance area, and they had this chunk of 4x4 steel they were walking over to the scrap bin and I was like, "hey, how thick is that, 1/4?" And they said, "Yeah, why you want it?"

So obviously, a free piece of steel and needing brakes is enough to justify an axle swap lol.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Haha thats what happened with my other project, Ted. I bought the truck with the intention of letting it sit for a while until I felt like making it a project. I knew I wanted to go BBC/5spd. The next week I was walking through the local junkyard and there was a complete GEN V 454 laying at the end of the row of GMTs, and they only wanted $150 for it, so naturally I couldn't resist. Then shortly after, someone 20 minutes from me was selling a complete TKO600 setup with clutch kit, bellhousing, etc for a great price, so naturally I couldn't resist. That got things rolling in a hurry, I completely understand haha

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
Haha thats what happened with my other project, Ted. I bought the truck with the intention of letting it sit for a while until I felt like making it a project. I knew I wanted to go BBC/5spd. The next week I was walking through the local junkyard and there was a complete GEN V 454 laying at the end of the row of GMTs, and they only wanted $150 for it, so naturally I couldn't resist. Then shortly after, someone 20 minutes from me was selling a complete TKO600 setup with clutch kit, bellhousing, etc for a great price, so naturally I couldn't resist. That got things rolling in a hurry, I completely understand haha

The funny thing is, the piece of steel maintenance gave me was 3/16, not 1/4 like they told me, so I went and bought the right piece lol.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
:lol: So are you planning on making this thing look like the truck in your avatar? Now that you're doing the yelllow paint and SAS, all you'll need are some big mud tires!

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
Well, that may have been my sneaky plan all along lol.

I intend to run 37" Military BFG Baja's on it.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
Wet sand with 800, buff with some crap I have, good enough, it may get waxed, but not today lol

You must be registered for see images attach