I think I found a keeper. K2500 RCLB (Pigpen)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I've been looking for awhile. I wanted 4x4, 8600 GVRW, and a regular cab.

I finally found it on my local Craigslist.

Got there, it wouldn't start, wouldn't take a jump, took this pic while the guy went to get his boost box.

You must be registered for see images attach

It's a 1998, 350 Vortec, 4L80E that's supposedly rebuilt, but no paperwork.

Once we got it started, i went to take it around the block, no brakes lol. So I loaded on my trailer I intended to haul with it, and hauled it home instead. At a substantial discount from asking price of course.

Stopped on the way back through Grand Rapids and got a battery for it, I just love these batteries, they've been great to me. I think I have four now.

It has like, 10% brakes. I can move it around the house and whatnot easily. I just wouldn't trust them to haul me down from 60. The previous owner blocked the rear lines off at the distribution block, then busted the front bleeders lol.

He was the original owner, bought it at a dealership in Holland Mi,

He even got the rust protection lol,

He gave me a pair of door's, a fender, and a hood that are all usable, so I'll throw them on later this week probably. I've ordered front caliper's, I'll get the rear disc next week and maybe get some paint on it.

My only real plans are to clean it up and get it working for when I need it, nothing extravagant.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I like it. I like your plans too. Keep it simple

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
I can't afford to go too deep into this one lol, I have sooo many project's now, this one is going to have to earn it's keep.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I wish I understood the kiss method when I got my truck. It would have been tint, exhaust, 6 lug and a 3" body lift. That would've been it haha

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
Well, I will do upgrades that really make a difference. The rear disc, are just much nicer to work with, won't clog up with snow or mud, and not too much more than replacing everything back there anyway.

Paint, I already have paint, so I'll spray it onto the truck.

Cab corners and rockers are 125 on Ebay, I'll stick em on so it looks decent.

A floor mat will cover the hole in the floor, I'll roll it up and paint under there so it doesn't rust through.

I'll polish up the bed rails and boxes and get them ready to hold my straps and stuff.

I'll probably put a fancy radio in it for my longer rides.

The rest will just be maintenance and use.

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
Love the long bed trucks. JB7 brakes which are good, just need to freshen things up a bit in that area and you have a good looking truck there.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
A floor mat will cover the hole in the floor, I'll roll it up and paint under there so it doesn't rust through.

I was unclear here, there's no hole in the floor, just the rubber floor thing, although it is getting crunchy under there. Need's to be addressed.

Love the long bed trucks. JB7 brakes which are good, just need to freshen things up a bit in that area and you have a good looking truck there.

Thanks! I do also, for working, it's hard to beat something I can drop a whole sheet of plywood into.

The only thing about it I would change, it's it has 3.73 gear's and a G80, I would prefer an open 4.10, but, it is what it is for the moment.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was unclear here, there's no hole in the floor, just the rubber floor thing, although it is getting crunchy under there. Need's to be addressed.

Thanks! I do also, for working, it's hard to beat something I can drop a whole sheet of plywood into.

The only thing about it I would change, it's it has 3.73 gear's and a G80, I would prefer an open 4.10, but, it is what it is for the moment.
I believe that is the same differential that is in the 94 K3500 that I have here. My 94 has 4.10's and I'd like to find someone willing to swap for a 3.73 unit.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
I believe that is the same differential that is in the 94 K3500 that I have here. My 94 has 4.10's and I'd like to find someone willing to swap for a 3.73 unit.

I think it is also. I'm not sure of the condition of mine at the moment, but if you're in no particular hurry, I'll know in about a month.

My front driveshaft is laying in the bed at the moment, presumably removed for the Trans R&R, but the caps and straps are also missing. Once I sort the brakes, that's next on my list.