I finally found me another GMT400!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

67_C-30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That cargo light lens came in today, so I popped it on there. The ol girl looks nice out in the wild with the fresh new lenses!
You must be registered for see images attach

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That cargo light lens came in today, so I popped it on there. The ol girl looks nice out in the wild with the fresh new lenses!
Looking awesome.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the high price and poor quality of aftermarket lights, I am thinking polishing up the stock rear lamps might be a better way to go rather than paying up and buying aftermarket ones.
?? I'm looking at well under $100 to refresh all the lights on Roscoe. The TYCs are pretty good quality - I put them on WCJr a few years ago and they still look like new. TYC is also now an OEM supplier to several brands.

Jimmy D

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mostly my aftermarket lamp replacement experiences have been head lamp assemblies. I have used TYC as it is the most sold brand through the parts stores here. In my experience, unless one is wanting to swap out to some new fangled led, halo or what have you latest fad, I see a polished up OEM lamp holds up longer. IMO ;)

67_C-30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mostly my aftermarket lamp replacement experiences have been head lamp assemblies. I have used TYC as it is the most sold brand through the parts stores here. In my experience, unless one is wanting to swap out to some new fangled led, halo or what have you latest fad, I see a polished up OEM lamp holds up longer. IMO ;)
You may be correct. This cargo lens was a GM part, and came in a bag from a country of origin I’ve never heard of..:)

Last edited:

Kens1990K2500

One Piece At A Time
Reaction score
Wow, what a beauty, and great find. I've owned both early and later OBS trucks, and like the earlier ones a bit better. That's cool everything is original. Mine still has the factory radio and cassette player. I also like the digital heater and A/C controls on our trucks.
I was actually looking for an single cab 4X4 when I found this one. I was also looking for a K1500. I watched Craigslist and Marketplace for months and kept seeing a lot trucks that were clapped out, too far away, or priced way higher than my budget. The few potential trucks I was truly interested in were got snapped up before I could even go look at them.
I prefer the earlier trucks, but I looked at all year models. When I ran across the thumbnail pics of this one I thought it was a K1500 because of the 6 lug rims.

This truck was just so original and overall checked too many boxes for me to resist