I have injector questions if anybody can fill me in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnbalderas90k1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If any body can share some great wisdom with me I would like to know all the components that turn on and control the injectors. I have a few problems with my vehicle and I just need to clear things up.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
On a throttle body injection vehicle there are several thing's that control the injector's, the main ones being the computer behind the dash, and also the igniton module in the distributor, and if the ignition module fail's the injector's won't spray.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It could be that or maybe wiring, I would inspect all the wiring really carefully for break's.

Johnbalderas90k1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cause it won't stay running longer than 5 seconds and my injectors cut on and off. So it idles rough and I can't drive it. It only runs smooth and stays running for a few seconds when I pour gas down it. It chokes and automatically stalls when I hit the gas

Johnbalderas90k1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I blew through it and it had no restriction and it was pretty clean which surprised me . Already changed the pump. It does not look like it's getting low pressure it just the injectors will pulse after it's started than stop and it will start to die and they will pulse one more time and it will stall. Mind this happens all within about 5 seconds

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I believe there is, but I would take it to a parts store and have them test it, it's usually free.